GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I only took 3 years to do this, but here it finally is.

Our EDM cars dont have auto folding mirrors and many on the forum have asked me for a solution. I've been busy with other things but finally got round to looking into this and here it is.

I've shot some video to quickly show what it's about.

- Auto open mirrors on IGN on.

- Auto close after 10-15 seconds once IGN turned off.

- Can be manually overridden to remain closed (e.g. stay closed if in a tight parking spot) by simply leaving the interior switch in the closed position.

I'll think about putting a kit together if there is enough interest, and the cost will depend upon numbers so if you are interested post your name below as I can then assess the level of interest and get pricing together.

If I get some time next week I have another idea which is get the mirrors to open and close with the keyfob/door unlock but that's a slightly more complex undertaking.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
100% plug and play is not possible as the connectors needed are an "OEM restricted item" and I cannot get hold of any. I've spent the last month trying to get hold of them but no supplier is playing ball. It would be easier to get hold of a pair of the Queen's undercrackers.

What is involved is running a constant 12v feed from the battery (relatively easy) into the cabin and plugging 4 metal pins from the control module into the OEM connector which feeds into the mirror switch in the dash. All appropriate wiring would be included.

No cutting or splicing of wires is required, is reversible, and as plug and play as you can get this mod to be.

If interest is sufficient, I'll do an install post in this thread so folks can see how easy/hard it is for them to do.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Have you asked Brian about gettin hold of the plugs?

Between him and another friend of mine we can probably get hold of any oem connector.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you asked Brian about gettin hold of the plugs?

Between him and another friend of mine we can probably get hold of any oem connector.
Brian's been looking for me too but with no success also.

Many of the R35's connectors are made by Tyco and are fairly easy to source. The mirror switch connector is made by Sumitomo and like I said earlier, are OEM restricted.

That has meant that every supplier actually wants a letter of authorisation from Nissan JP to allow me to purchase any. I have emailed Nissan JP 5 times and received no reply.

I should be able to put together a quick install guide today/tomorrow to show how easy it is to connect the module to the switch using the method I've settled on and it is almost plug and play in that regard.

The only hardship is running the constant 12v from the battery but even that should be fairly easy with my instructions.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Also interested depending upon cost ;-)

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
I'm IN

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's 10 confirms and Adam so far.

I'll see how many we get up to by the end of the weekend and that'll mean I can get a proper quote on parts etc.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts