GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've been waiting for you to check your switch/loom to see whether the switch is a swapover type, or DPDT!

I have no idea how your switch operates and without that info, I cant send you the right unit.
For some reason I didn't notice the very bottom of that post where you asked me that I'm sorry I will pull it apart today and get some clearer pix

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Buddy pix arent that helpful as I have no idea what pin does what. You really need to get either a diagram of the switch/conector, or check each wire with a multimeter as you use the switch.

The reason is some switches are connect 12v to the mirrors, some switch GND, some switch both. I cant give you the right module without knowing exactly how the switch works otherwise you'll blow fuses or worse, blow the module.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Alright Andy, just thought i'd resurrect this and see if there has been any progress? I saw in another thread that there was no such luck with the connectors you were after...

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Sorry for the lack of updates Sam. Been snarled with work tbh and also I wanted to test the module on my car for a while.

Good news is that the module Ive chosen is working perfectly so I just need to negotiate the best price I can on these and get all the other parts together. Oh and do an install guide!

I'll have a price next week I hope.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
No need to apologise mate. I'm sure i speak for everybody when i say we appreciate the effort :thumbsup:

Know what you mean with work. Crazy busy this past month :D Think it's all the kids being off school.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Even though I don't have a GT-R just yet, put me down for one mate.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
The info I asked for was to help the forum member use my module on his r33(?).

I have all the info I need for our R35s.

The delay has been for 2 reasons. Firstly I was really hoping to source the correct connectors so that it would be a neat plug and play solution. I haven't been able to get them so I have adapted a very similar one which will make it plug and play, no wire cutting/stripping required.
Secondly I've been way too busy to get everything in place for 20 or so units and do an install guide which takes longer than you might think.

Rest assured that these will be available very soon but I hope you understand I want this to work as intended and be easy for everyone to install.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Another epic project Andy, congrats!

Without me trawling back through the thread, what is the final configuration for this? Is it as in your vid where they retract upon locking the door and extend upon locking the door?

Is there a way to override it to keep the mirrors extended even when the door is locked?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Just to save you the effort of clicking your mouse on page 1 above... ;)

The module auto folds unfolds when you lock/unlock the car using door button or fob.

You can override the auto function such that the mirrors stay in or out by placing the interior switch in the desired position.

Useful if you're in a tight parking spot for instance.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Just to save you the effort of clicking your mouse on page 1 above... ;)

The module auto folds unfolds when you lock/unlock the car using door button or fob.

You can override the auto function such that the mirrors stay in or out by placing the interior switch in the desired position.

Useful if you're in a tight parking spot for instance.
Cool about the override in both directions. I wasn't sure if you'd changed the spec since page 1... ;)

61 - 80 of 117 Posts