GTR Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It's all about the numbers.

No company I could find takes on a design and build for 20-30 units at a price which is reasonable. Most stipulate orders in the hundreds and I have no desire to spend that sort of wonga on a little pet project.

It's actually cheaper to have the pcb and loom made, then adapt the connectors they have to work with the R35. The connectors I have sourced are as close to the OEM ones as I can find. The actual OEM connectors are an "OEM restricted item" and I cannot get hold of any at all. If I could it would simplify the manufacturing side completely and save me a whole lot of time.

From a cost perspective I could have had the PCB and loom made in China for about £10 less (landed) but after testing 2 different suppliers, they were cheaply made, and one actually failed after about 2 weeks. Given this isnt my day job I have no wish to be faced with returned units over the next 12 months so I went with a European supplier whose supplied module was well constructed and has a real OEM feel to it.
Ah, all fair points :D I would've thought smaller engineering firms would be more inclined to provide pre-production working samples.

I'm definitely interested but just need to find out more about installation as I'm not overly confident with my DIY skills :D

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Sale thread here

Install guide (partial) here

A full install guide will be provided with every unit.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
So is this a plug and play unit?
Main module which sits in between the mirror switch and the main loom is 100% plug and play.

There are 2 wires in the passenger footwell which you tap into using some supplied t-clips.

I can supply this part with male pins instead which you would slot into the rear of the requisite connector on the BCM if preferred but I was always concerned about them staying in situ.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
The module should work on all model GTRs regardless of region.

Brian at The Car Kit Company may be stocking these in the near future.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Just a quick update..

Thanks for your patience gentlemen, the modules arrived this morning so I'll be making up looms and burning DVDs this week. I'll hopefully have your kits out in the post early next week.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
101 - 117 of 117 Posts