GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thought but I'm not at all sure that I'm going to like the Black Edition Black wheels on my R35 when it arrives. Has anyone got a brand new R35 premium edition and would have preferred the black wheels and might swap me their smokey Gray Wheels ? I'm not promising I'm going to do this but I'm curious if anyone prefers black wheels and desperately wants some !!

Hanni

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hanni,

I have a premium UMS on order and would prefer black edition wheels. Unfortunately mine is not due for delivery until early November so it would very much depend on how well you look after your wheels and tyres!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Steve, I am picking up the car on Saturday after all the delivery dramas. I wont be doing any track days in it and for the first thousand miles I hear that I cant use race mode(?) so i'll be driving it like an old lady. It will be in a garage all week and I'll be driving my BMW so it wont get much use.

Anyway lets keep in touch and I'll let you know what i think of the black wheels. My concern is that with a Gun Metal GT-R and black wheels it is all going to look very dull. Some folks like the stealth bomber look but I,m not so sure! My original order was storm white premium edition !

Hanni

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotta say that Gun Metal and Black wheels look awesome so Im sorry for a false alarm here - maybe a mod can zap this thread ? Gonna leave the car as delivered.

many thanks

Hanni

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hanni, Gun metal with black wheels looks epic. Ive seen a few already and it looks mint. The contrast is better than grey car and grey wheels. Dont rush into anything! Picking exact same spec up from MM on Friday. Delivery brought forward from December. How was the handover experience?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Handover was a brilliant experience for me. For a whole raft of reasons it was one of the best days of my life. I guess I'm like many blokes in life and aspire to a few basic things, great wife, great kids, nice house and a job you enjoy. The last piece of the jigsaw for me was to buy a really mental car and up to the handover day I had never had a new car in my life always old bangers or second hand BMWs etc. To be honest when the day finally arrived, I was excited and terrified at the time.

I know it sounds a bit soft but when I was finally handed the keys and walked into the little HPC Hand-over room and there your car sits, gleaming and menacing, I was actually quite choked.

There is probably an hour of paperwork to go through and a load of waffle about extra products and insurances which all suck IMHO. The important bit is to listen to what you can and cant do for x many miles until the 1200 miles stage and setting up rev limiter to auto shift at 3500rpm etc.

The car is actually very intuitive and all the dials and levers are in good places and you pick all that up within 5 minutes. I was sad that Nissan are dishing out the new Satnav cars but havent upgraded the manuals so the MFD display is hard going with the wrong manual but they have ordered one and will post it on. I was pleasantly suprised to learn that it already has full ipod functionality built in which i didnt know so that was a bonus.

I have now done almost 300 miles since Friday and other than the car just feeling brutal on the roads (in the best possible way) the most notable thing is just how many heads it turns. Everywhere I park it young lads, teenagers and any blokes under 50 basically all turn their heads and stare at it then you see them talking together and pointing. Its not hard to lip read G T R.....All I can say is that even as I sit here now, I'm still grinning. I passed a Silver GTR yesterday and we both flashed each other and waved like two girls - its just indescribable really.

For me my handover was the end of 40 years waiting for my dream car and now I've got it I cant sleep....hence I'm here at 7am on a Sunday. Only reason I'm not out driving on empty roads is because it pissing down with rain.

Good luck getting yours. All things considered like performance, price, looks etc I genuinely beleive its the best car in the world.

Hanni

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Handover was a brilliant experience for me. For a whole raft of reasons it was one of the best days of my life. I guess I'm like many blokes in life and aspire to a few basic things, great wife, great kids, nice house and a job you enjoy. The last piece of the jigsaw for me was to buy a really mental car and up to the handover day I had never had a new car in my life always old bangers or second hand BMWs etc. To be honest when the day finally arrived, I was excited and terrified at the time.

I know it sounds a bit soft but when I was finally handed the keys and walked into the little HPC Hand-over room and there your car sits, gleaming and menacing, I was actually quite choked.

There is probably an hour of paperwork to go through and a load of waffle about extra products and insurances which all suck IMHO. The important bit is to listen to what you can and cant do for x many miles until the 1200 miles stage and setting up rev limiter to auto shift at 3500rpm etc.

The car is actually very intuitive and all the dials and levers are in good places and you pick all that up within 5 minutes. I was sad that Nissan are dishing out the new Satnav cars but havent upgraded the manuals so the MFD display is hard going with the wrong manual but they have ordered one and will post it on. I was pleasantly suprised to learn that it already has full ipod functionality built in which i didnt know so that was a bonus.

I have now done almost 300 miles since Friday and other than the car just feeling brutal on the roads (in the best possible way) the most notable thing is just how many heads it turns. Everywhere I park it young lads, teenagers and any blokes under 50 basically all turn their heads and stare at it then you see them talking together and pointing. Its not hard to lip read G T R.....All I can say is that even as I sit here now, I'm still grinning. I passed a Silver GTR yesterday and we both flashed each other and waved like two girls - its just indescribable really.

For me my handover was the end of 40 years waiting for my dream car and now I've got it I cant sleep....hence I'm here at 7am on a Sunday. Only reason I'm not out driving on empty roads is because it pissing down with rain.

Good luck getting yours. All things considered like performance, price, looks etc I genuinely beleive its the best car in the world.

Hanni
Hanni, that feeling stays for a long time. Had mine since May, and nipping to the shops for a pint of milk or something puts 50 miles on the odometer. The beast just wants to be driven and i just want to drive it.

Enjoy your new car m8, which i'm sure sorry know you will.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That is exactly how I felt at my hand over - I had down loaded and read the manual from cover to cover months before I collected the car. I had bought the GTR book and that had been read more than once. So sitting there on hand over day listening to the sales man tell me what this will do and what that will do was too much. He looked up at me and said "you know all this already, dont you" At which point he said sign here and gave me the keys - Other than driving out slowly so my wife could take my picture - that was it I was off and I have never looked back.

Best car I have ever owned full stop. Glad your chuffed with it.

Kp

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Out of interest, where did you download the manuals from - i looked on nissan site and found nothing of interest?

Hanni

1 - 10 of 10 Posts