GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prices have been creeping up last I looked you could buy a set for £2500 with discs and 4 calipers. Having looked today some of the prices are wild!

·
Vendor
3,361 Posts
It all depends on condition and if the pads and discs are any good.

It’s a good upgrade for early gtr’s.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Remember when bushings were affordable. And this is from the UK...

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What better brake kits are out there for the same money or cheaper?
Were talking for the purpose of retro conversions. Once upon a time they were the best bang for buck.

You could pick up a whole set with discs for 1.2-1.5k. Along with a fitting kit you could have a used setup for about £3k.

Now if prices go up you need to question do they still offer value for money? If people are charging £2.5-3k for a used setup your now looking at £4.5-5k for a full bolt on kit. Add more money for new discs pads and brake lines.

4-6k used prices on eBay are insane.

Alternative AP Radi-CAL and Pro 5000 R kits become more appealing as some people have gone down this route.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
People ask stupid prices on eBay. Doesn't mean people are paying those prices.
You would be surprised. Had a customer pay £4.5k few weeks ago but he wanted them because he said they were easy to pass through TUV.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Could someone explain why RB26 cam covers are so expensive on ebay ? Not that I'm looking to buy but simply noticed that they seem to be £1k+ - what would be driving the demand ?

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could someone explain why RB26 cam covers are so expensive on ebay ? Not that I'm looking to buy but simply noticed that they seem to be £1k+ - what would be driving the demand ?
RB20 and RB25 owners wanting their engines to have RB26 cam covers. Same for the brakes but the R35 is mass produced so plenty of them about. As said supply vs demand for sure but still insane if they get to 4-5k price elsewhere apart from eBay.

·
Registered
26,442 Posts
you would be hard pushed to get a set of covers in japan for less than 1k now,

it goes inline with the car outright cost. you cant have it both ways. your asset increases and the price of parts remain low. never happens.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
You would be surprised. Had a customer pay £4.5k few weeks ago but he wanted them because he said they were easy to pass through TUV.
When my old APs next need discs and pads I plan to contact you for one of your kits. Shame AP haven't updated their "official" kits for new caliper models. But I like the spec on the kit you put together better than anything else in the after market.

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When my old APs next need discs and pads I plan to contact you for one of your kits. Shame AP haven't updated their "official" kits for new caliper models. But I like the spec on the kit you put together better than anything else in the after market.
Thank you Alex, their official line up of kits are still stuck in the late 90s early 00s. We now offer both the Radi-CAL range and the Pro 5000 R range which the latter is incredibly light 4/5kg on each front corner and 2.5/3kg on the rear. We also went +2mm on disc thickness all round to help further with heat dissipation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts