GTR Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
As everyone has said so far "What a brilliant day!"

And thanks once again to Colin, Jo and Paul for organising such a great day. :bowdown1:

Was nice that the rain held off as long as it did, only problem with that is that I now look like a beetroot this morning! :flame:

Nice to meet Austin, **** and CC and to catch up with Sin and Anders again.

Now just need to put into practice all that was learned!

·
Registered
387 Posts
As the others have said, what a great day. It built on what I had learnt on the Saturday so I had more confidence with the car. Nowhere near as fast as the others but I improved from where I had started from.

My favourite items were the left foot braking, single input steering and controlling understeer which all got easier as the day went on. The handling circuit has a few tricky sections but as lap after lap went by it became more relaxed and was addictive.

I just need to put everything into practice and build on what I have learnt.

Thanks again to Jo for looking after us, Colin for his technical expertise and Paul for his great tuition. You really are nice people and you have one of the best workplaces (read playground) going. :bowdown1:

Great to see Anders, Andy and **** again and to meet Sin and Grimblin Gibbon. Anders, your exhaust flames were superb on the handling circuit and skidpan. :cool:

I look forward to doing more with CATDT in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Another fine day at The Hub

The only thing that out shone the training was the hospitality. Jo, Colin & Paul another fine day delivered with absolute precision.

Was great to meet some new faces, Austin, Anders & **** and catch up some old ones CC & GG.

The day itself what can i say that hasn't been said, it's a great feeling learning how to do a new skill and quite enlightening to realise that you are nowhere near the level that you think you are.

I learnt on the handling circuit that its not all about power. Control and precision are far more important, especially on a small technical track. My first session was really scrappy. My second session on a lower boost setting gave me a few fractions of a seconds more time to think and plan further ahead, which in turn lead to quicker and smoother laps. On high boost my car is quicker than my brain (waits for smart comment from CC).

Great day great company, see some of you at Bruntingthorpe in a fortnight.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Sin, for your first real blast in a highly uprated GTR there'll be no smart comments from me!

That extra wallop of power takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
A fantastic day out and good to meet some new faces. Great to know the car pops a flame :D

I'm looking forward to using the new techniques at Silverston on 27th Aug.

Anders

61 - 65 of 65 Posts