GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any of you guys on this forum currently waiting for an imminent delivery of your R35? If you are one of the unfortunate folks like me who have been told daily that delivery is expected next week etc then you may be able to shed some light for me.

The story develops like this...

Friday 4th October - "the ship docks next week in Newcastle with a consignment of GT-Rs for delivery to us a couple of days later.

Tuesday 8th "sorry mate the ship is going to be late now we expect it next week.

Last Friday 11th ..."hello mate , yes your car is in the UK and being delivered to us on Monday.

Monday 14th "hi just calling to see that my GT-R has arrived......big silence....."erm actually mate we arent sure where your car is at the moment and we have radio silence from Nissan Distribution"

Tuesday 15th " hi any news on my car?" ...erm well we finally got some answers from Nissan and apparently more GT-Rs arrived than expected and there was not enough space on the lorries to ship them down south so new plans are being made with the hauliers. Your car will be on its way to us Wednesday"

Wednesday 16th - email from a mate who is well connected with Nissan

[nissan dealer]......confirm that Nissan are all over the place - no one seems to know whats going on or whats gone wrong?

They believe ship has docked with cars but their allocation of 21 has been dropped to 8 and today reduced to 4!!!!

They are screaming at Nissan as they have 17 people who will not get cars!!!

There have been no reasons given -

[Nissan dealer] are being 'blanked' - so who knows.

He promised to ring me if he heard anything new.

[other Nissan Dealer] will have a couple of cars allocated - It just depends if you are lucky"

Now call me old fashioned but wtf is going on with Nissan?

Anyone know anything about this shambles??

Hanni

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
its just the beginning.......and it will continue as long as you own it....Nissan is not understanding how their top of the range customer want to get treated,they still treat them like a Nissan Micra customer,you get used to it:wavey:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
its just the beginning.......and it will continue as long as you own it....Nissan is not understanding how their top of the range customer want to get treated,they still treat them like a Nissan Micra customer,you get used to it:wavey:
The wife has a Micra and our Nissan garage treats us MUCH better than this. If they didn't we wouldn't be a customer.

The above would be unacceptable if I was buying a push-bike never mind a car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I feel for you Hanni, i've just found out i'm one of the lucky ones that will get their car on Monday as it's just been delivered to Middlehurst. They are having a nightmare & cannot get them released from the docks for reasons unknown.
Chill, it'll be worth it........if you've been waiting since 07 like i have what's another week

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your replies guys. I have just had a phone call from the dealer saying that my car will definitely arrive at the dealers tomorrow and I can pick it up on Saturday. Needs a day for the tracker to be installed and rear park distance sensors and hopefully it will be mine on saturday to drive away!!

Famous last words eh !!

Hanni

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
As of today my car is 'here'
I have a VIN and Number Plate. Insurance sorted. Taxed tomorrow.

But when i asked about pick up. I was told by girl in office that she wasn't actually sure if my car was on the lot, but should be tomorrow (i'd hope so as Vehtech are going up to fit a Tracker for me and Need4Speed) and then she tells me it takes a week to do PDI, so next Wednesday i should get my car. N4S is picking his car up Saturday first thing, so i'm guessing it doesn't really take a week!

Worst part is i have [email protected] and a guy to fit my rear cam, Park Sensors etc booked and keep having to text them to tell them 'next week'.

From what N4S tells me, Nissan haven't really helped their HPC's out. And the above story kinda confirms it. I guess once the delivery is done, fingers crossed i won't have too many dealings with Nissan! Just my HPC who are generally good.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I had the same issue - my car was due late on the Tursday, the GTR technition was going to PDI that day and the Friday morning and I was going to wait and then pick it up late that day.

Never turned up on the Thursday or the Friday. My HPC kicked off and found out that it was supposed to be on the truck, the car had been released from the docks on the system but no one had loaded it on to the trailer.

Car turned up to the HPC on the Tuesday morning and the technition came in on that day (even though he was on his holiday) and PDI'd it in about 2 hours. I picked it up that day - I know it was not the HPCs fault as I called a few other HPCs who were all being screwed around by Nissan and were not best happy about it.

It is worth the wait but I never had any drama like this with my 350Z - 5 days for a PDI - tell em Westover did mine in 2 hours and if she thinks you are lying then email her this link.

Oi - you, yes you girlie. Sort his PDI out.

Job Done

Kp:chairshot

·
Registered
485 Posts
I feel for you guys - I remember the frustration back in May & June before my pre-Nav car arrived on June 24... but only just.

Trust me, once you have it - however long you have waited - the painful memories will fade very, very rapidly :)

I spent last Saturday exploring the capabilities of mine with CAT Driver Training at Millbrook... awesome is the best description.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been silent since friday.... in fact speachless........picked up the car and have been in boys toy heaven ever since. I love the car so much I'm lost for words. It is just staggering. I can honestly say I have never had so much fun in my life outside of a bedroom :p

good to luck to all you guys still waiting for yours.

New satnav system is great too - only a tad sad that nissan still provided manuals for non satnav car and didnt have any new manuals !!

Hanni

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I had the same issue - my car was due late on the Tursday, the GTR technition was going to PDI that day and the Friday morning and I was going to wait and then pick it up late that day.

Never turned up on the Thursday or the Friday. My HPC kicked off and found out that it was supposed to be on the truck, the car had been released from the docks on the system but no one had loaded it on to the trailer.

Car turned up to the HPC on the Tuesday morning and the technition came in on that day (even though he was on his holiday) and PDI'd it in about 2 hours. I picked it up that day - I know it was not the HPCs fault as I called a few other HPCs who were all being screwed around by Nissan and were not best happy about it.

It is worth the wait but I never had any drama like this with my 350Z - 5 days for a PDI - tell em Westover did mine in 2 hours and if she thinks you are lying then email her this link.

Oi - you, yes you girlie. Sort his PDI out.

Job Done

Kp:chairshot
You looked very happy at handover in the picture that Gerard has on the wall of his office!

·
Registered
794 Posts
New satnav system is great too - only a tad sad that nissan still provided manuals for non satnav car and didnt have any new manuals !!
Hmmm. Funny you should say that. I picked up my car yesterday and, at the end of a truly fantastic day, I crawled into bed with my manuals - sad I know, but what better way to lull myself to sleep at the end of "GT-R day"? It didn't take long to realise that the illustrations in the thick Owner's Manual and the separate Multi Function Display (MFD) Owner's Manual didn't match my car, and that there was no mention of Sat-Nav (from the limited look I had anyway).

Did your dealer specifically mention this to you or is it possible that they've just accidentally given us manuals from their Non-Sat-Nav demonstrators? If the former, did they say that we would eventually be sent the correct manuals?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealer spent 5 minutes looking for sat-nav in the manual and then realised all the manuals they had were for non satnav cars with a different MFD ...bummer but not the end of the world i'm sure as they will send us a new one.

Hanni

·
Registered
794 Posts
The dealer spent 5 minutes looking for sat-nav in the manual and then realised all the manuals they had were for non satnav cars with a different MFD ...bummer but not the end of the world i'm sure as they will send us a new one.

Hanni
Fair enough. Does anybody know if the Sat-Nav manuals are available online anywhere, or if they are still being finalised? Does anybody have the link to the earlier manuals?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Fair enough. Does anybody know if the Sat-Nav manuals are available online anywhere, or if they are still being finalised? Does anybody have the link to the earlier manuals?
I got the earlier manual off the US site. If you want a copy let me know your email address.

Dave:wavey:

·
Registered
634 Posts
You looked very happy at handover in the picture that Gerard has on the wall of his office!
5 Years of waiting for a car and after all the highs and lows it finally turns up.

Rates amongst the best days of my life. G at Westovers was a total legend and to be honest still is today, their after sales is second to none. I know some will say "It's just a car" but to others "It's a dream come true"

I look happy in the picture but inside I was exstatic.

Kp

·
Registered
794 Posts
I got the earlier manual off the US site. If you want a copy let me know your email address.
Thanks very much for the kind offer, but I assume the US and European cars have different Sat-Nav systems?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts