GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one I have a quick question please, I am looking to do my down pipes next couple of weeks, wanted to know if I need to put all the O2 sensors back in once changed and Secondly I want to go to stage 4.25 from stage 1. Will I be able to drive it with those new pipes without the map until I get the map and injectors done?

Thansk

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hi Yas - from what i have seen tuners seem to put all the sensors back in , i suspect at the very least you will have the engine light come on for no cats - the thing is they are a pain to do, studs can strip so can the lambda sensors so you could end up not being able to move the car - probably best having them done with the stage 4.25 conversion obviously your call

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Yas - from what i have seen tuners seem to put all the sensors back in , i suspect at the very least you will have the engine light come on for no cats - the thing is they are a pain to do, studs can strip so can the lambda sensors so you could end up not being able to move the car - probably best having them done with the stage 4.25 conversion obviously your call
my local mechanic is doing it for me has all the correct tools etc as you know it's a huge saving if it's free. Obviously I'll give him a drink. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
You'd be wise to order the 10 bolts and nuts that attach the downpipes to the turbos. I guarantee you'll strip and damage at least one taking them off.

And tell your pal to take great care with the o2 sensors as they will be seized and the thread can be damaged getting the out of your stock downpipes.

And yes it looks easy but let me tell you they can be a right pig to do if anything is seized.

·
Vendor
12,559 Posts
free jobs usually end in disaster when something goes wrong and there's no compensation with free favour work now is there. Snapped studs in the turbo housing certainly arent not an easy fix. Like Charlie says have a complete set to hand.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Not always, just pretty ****ing difficult.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
No need to put post cat ones back as they have to be written out of the map, just replace with bungs, much neater.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts