GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly a bit of a long shot but I'm looking for an oem facelift front bumper preferably in Kuro black (although not essential) for my 2010 gtr. I've got all the other bits and I now just need the actual bumper.

Anybody know of one?

Thanks on advance!

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Knightracer,

Quick question for you about the fibreglass bumpers. A good few years ago I went through a number of cars that I added body kits too. Most of the kits were the usual fibreglass. One thing that has put me off fibreglass ever since is the strength of the top coat, it always seemed to be like glass!

Generally FG seemed to take a lot of prep work in the body shop so that it didn't have that sort of rippled looking surface and should you be unfortunate enough to catch it latter they didn't seem to scuff like a normal bumper, they would crack like the shell of an egg. This usually then took a fair bit of work to put right.

I did however buy a body kit from c-west once and it was made of what they called PFRP (C-West USA). It was amazing stuff, it was basically a sort of rubberised FRP. You could twist it like a standard material bumper, it also took small impacts without shattering.

So anyway, my question is, having not bought anything FRP in a number of years, is FRP still as it used to be or has this new PFRP stuff become more common?

Do FRP bumpers still crack / shatter as they used to?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Huw.

·
Vendor
2,983 Posts
Hi Huw

Thanks for the reply. We have a FRP factory in house here in Milton Keynes. And we also have a CFRP and FRP factory overseas. So we can control the quality and finish of the products.

here's a couple examples of customers cars with our MY12 FRP bumper:

Since we are talking about the R35 GTR products then I will stick to this range only. All our R35 carbon and FRP products are top of the range - especially our HYBRID Carbon range. Obviously FRP will never be as flexible as ABS plastic. But then FRP is much easier to repair than ABS plastic when it does crack. Our version of the MY12 bumper is only £695.00 and always in stock. We also offer a Hybrid Carbon version which is full dry carbon as fitted on my own car....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts