GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I am new to this so would greatly appreciate any advice or pointers anyone might have on this! I have an R35 which I am utterly impressed by but last year Nissan fitted caps over the gear selector to sort out a fault and 12 months later to the week the gear box has a shift fork fault between gears 2 to 4 being out of alignment. Nissan have fixed this but worryingly said it could happen again at any time and nearly gave me a heart attack saying a new gear box would be over 16k. Other than this the car is brilliant and I wondered if anyone has had a similar problem, if it's something I should panic about or if there was a company that produce a good solution for this without me going bankrupt?

Any advice anyone has would be massively appreciated and thank you!

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Hi All
I am new to this so would greatly appreciate any advice or pointers anyone might have on this! I have an R35 which I am utterly impressed by but last year Nissan fitted caps over the gear selector to sort out a fault and 12 months later to the week the gear box has a shift fork fault between gears 2 to 4 being out of alignment. Nissan have fixed this but worryingly said it could happen again at any time and nearly gave me a heart attack saying a new gear box would be over 16k. Other than this the car is brilliant and I wondered if anyone has had a similar problem, if it's something I should panic about or if there was a company that produce a good solution for this without me going bankrupt?

Any advice anyone has would be massively appreciated and thank you!
read the thread below chap.. ive had ALL the gearbox faults unluckily.. and I've had them ALL fixed as well, fortunately. as a new gearbox is 18k +VAT!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/344713-g...tches-acspeedtechs-cure-pics.html#post3820930

1 - 5 of 5 Posts