GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, apologies in advance if I've missed a post re reorganisation.

Seems that the chit chat threads have been pooled together, so it's now much harder to pick out threads concerning one model.

I assume this was deliberate, but what's the logic? Makes the forum harder to read for most surely?

Would appreciate your views. Thanks for all your efforts running a great site though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I can second the fact this new layout is a bit of pain...I used to literally come on and click "General R35 Chat"...that was it...I don't have any interest in R34/R33/R32 as I don't own one... if someone could explain the reason to change it would be appreciated...

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
I believe it's to increase integration of our users and to reduce reposts and dupe threads

too many 35 owers never look at any other part of the forum, and Skyline owners don't often look at the 35 sections

so

by bringing us all together, it will mean you guys see more of the GTR scene, and us Skyline boys don't think of the new car as being a seperate entity.

its different but you'll soon get used to it

It's all good

mook

·
Registered
489 Posts
I believe it's to increase integration of our users and to reduce reposts and dupe threads

too many 35 owers never look at any other part of the forum, and Skyline owners don't often look at the 35 sections

so

by bringing us all together, it will mean you guys see more of the GTR scene, and us Skyline boys don't think of the new car as being a seperate entity.

It's all good

mook
Great stuff, good idea:D

As long as the general chit chat doesn't get merged with the 911 chitchat , all is fine . .lol

·
Registered
690 Posts
By mixing all the vehicle types any new thread will wizz down the page and out of sight (page 2) before anyone has read it! :(

·
Registered
174 Posts

so

It's all good

mook
I don't want to mingle with scutty R32 owners... :p

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
By mixing all the vehicle types any new thread will wizz down the page and out of sight (page 2) before anyone has read it! :(
at least the unread threads from since you last logged on will still be highlighted in 'bold' yellow whether it's on page 1, 2 or 3 etc so aint all that bad :)

Good idea mods, like it :thumbsup: from me

·
Registered
288 Posts
I must say I prefer it how it was as I have very little interest in the other models, but let's see if it grows on me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I agree - why mix it all up?

I can understand the need to amalgamate. But it shouldn't be an arranged marriage.....

We want the R35 General chit Chat Forum back please. The merge has taken all lost a lot of the specific GENERAL GTR R35 threads.

You can have a General Chit Chat Forum too as well as a General R35.

Other than that - goo job of reorganising.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about this for an idea:

If you are starting a thread in chit chat and it relates to a specific model, just put the model number at the start of the thread title, eg:

R35 - where has my lovely chit chat sub-forum gone?

If all posters did likewise for their repsective models, it would be dead easy to weed out what you're interested in from what you're not and you may just take a peek at other model threads as well. I'm a genius!!!!:chuckle:

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm all confused. Its like I've chopped a thumb off or something. I might make another thread on this same subject for people to share my confusion.:runaway::confused::puke:

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think its that I had got used to it the way it was. On MLR all evo models are mixed and it never bothered me but I guess people don't like change.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I agree - why mix it all up?

I can understand the need to amalgamate. But it shouldn't be an arranged marriage.....

We want the R35 General chit Chat Forum back please. The merge has taken all lost a lot of the specific GENERAL GTR R35 threads.

You can have a General Chit Chat Forum too as well as a General R35.

Other than that - goo job of reorganising.
1+.......it was much better befor...everyone from the R35 guys who is interested in the older models will look in the section for them....now its far to complicated....

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
but

it's chit chat.

you've still got very specific

Nissan R35 GTR Maintenance
R35 Technical
R35 Ordering
R35 Brakes, Wheels, Tyres and Suspension
R35 Bodywork, Bodykits, Interior and Exterior Trim

so, threads about interesting stuff, like drag times, ring records etc get to be seen by everyone, and stuff about how big the premiums ashtrays are can go into the right section.

Like I say, give it a chance at least

mook

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.