GTR Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for payments today :thumbsup:

Just waiting on two more and then confirmation packs will be in the post .. hopefully by the end of the week.

1. arkangel (Fully Paid)
2. mickv (Fully Paid)
3. smeeagain (Fully Paid)
4. hazardous (Fully Paid)
5. mikhail (Deposit Paid)
6. TCM (Deposit Paid)
7. jimbo gtr (Fully Paid)
8. jimbo gtr + 1 (Fully Paid)

Potential Reserves

Jo

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
A request from our Engineer for Saturday please Gentlemen.

Make sure that your tyre pressures are correct before arriving at Millbrook. If they need adjustment ensure that Nitrogen is used, not air.

As is often found prior to training, pressures are incorrect and need adjustment to the correct amount.

However, there is no facility to do this at Millbrook. This could affect your tyres performance on the day.

Therefore, please ensure you have checked them and adjusted them correctly if appropriate. If you are unsure of what they should be and/or need assistance, please check with your main dealer or respected tyre shop.

Also please note:

The correct postcode for Millbrook is MK45 2JQ. Do not use that on our letterhead. You will be very disappointed :chuckle:

Jo

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had a great day yesterday despite the rain and bitterly cold wind! Special thanks to Colin, Jo, Graham and Nick. Good to meet some fellow GTR owners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a great day out

Have to say it was such a laugh, the weather was crappy, but to be honest that was a help for me as I got to feel how the gtr is in such conditions and try and see where the limits are, also had a little race with a lambo in the alpine route, where the gtr was faster, again thanks to nick for great coaching. Jo is lovelly, as are all the guys , honestly well worth it and you come back a better driver. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Still buzzing

Had an absolutely fantastic day with CATDT at Millbrook on Saturday. Anyone in two minds about whether to shell out for this day should just get on with it :thumbsup:. Whatever your driving standard and level of track experience, I reckon Colin and Nick will make you a better driver by the end of the day.

The weather was poor all day, with rain on and off and wet surfaces all round. However, having reflected on it I think that's actually an advantage as you get to feel the limits of the car earlier, start to understand how it reacts when it starts to slide and really appreciate how throttle openings affect the balance of the car.

Millbrook is a great place to learn new skills, with a mixture of surfaces and handling circuits that throw up all sorts of challenges.

Highlights of the day for me? Lots really:

High speed bowl in the wet with the car skipping around on the rippled surface - I managed 150mph briefly at which point my bottle went

The right hand cresting bend at the end of the alpine circuit

4 wheel drifting round the steering pad with VDC off (after a couple of abortive spins to get warmed up)

Overall, I came away with a better appreciation of what the car can do and definitely feeling more confident in my own abilities.

Thanks to everyone at CATDT for a cracking day out. Also, great to meet all the guys who attended on the day and finally to hear close up a few y pipes and a GTC titan, which sounded particularly raw (in a good way).

Sorry to say though that the best noise of the day goes to the Gallardo Supelegerra doing LC starts on the mile straight. They might not be able to match a GTR on the handling circuits but you've got to admit they do sound nice.

Cheers
Mick

·
Registered
196 Posts
What can I say about the day?? Simply "AWESOME" sums it up for me , learnt so much from Nick and Colin ,and Jo looked after everyone so well in between sessions. I was a complete novice before Sat and feel I have a fantastic foundation from which I can build my Track skills (thank you Nick for your patience) . Thank you Colin, Nick , Jo and Graham for a friendly , professional ,informative but most of all fun GTR day . See you at the Ring in Aug if not before ! :bowdown1:

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Glad you all made it safely home ... think I've dried out now :chuckle:

Great to read that you enjoyed yourselves and most importantly feel that you gained beneficial knowledge and techniques.

Congratulations to the winners on the day:

Quiz = joint winners jimbo gtr & mick v - a first :runaway:
Driver of the Day = jimbo gtr
End of Day Gymkhana = Bradley (jimbo gtr guest)

jimbo gtr - don't worry, I haven't forgotten, your prize will be in the post so forget the tv schedules and get the popcorn in for Wednesday night's showing :chuckle:

Looking forward to seeing you at the 'Ring in August jimbo gtr and arkangel don't forget to respond to my email and text sent Saturday night :thumbsup:

It's not too late ... there is one place still available for Saturday's group training day - link here:
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/133259-r35-group-performance-driver-track-day-saturday-15th-may-2010-a.html

Please shout today/tomorrow if you would like to join us, otherwise I might have to do the training and that would be very scary :eek: Anyone want to lend me an R35 :chuckle:

Jo

21 - 28 of 28 Posts