GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently we have had a lot of enquiries and interest regarding the RSW interior carbon pieces, I have made this thread to provide a single point of information

For those who don't know, RSW has been manufacturing carbon interior and exterior pieces for some time for other vehicle models. TunerLab has been working hard with RSW to increase overseas accessibility and interest.

RSW make high quality carbon pieces, with reasonable prices. There are 3 types of carbon design, black carbon, twill carbon and silver carbon. All pieces are finished in Dupont clear coat to give it a beautiful finish that also protects against wear. Below you can see the different specs in pictures.
These are all Made in Japan.

All these pieces are overlays, and come with double-sided tape already placed on the back of the panels. All you have to do is clean your factory pieces, and install these over them. These pieces install very nicely, the fitment is fabulous, and they look much better than the factory pieces.

We currently have 2 show cars in the USA, and 1 show car in Canada with these pieces installed, and they always get a lot of attention at the car shows.

All parts are available for both RHD and LHD cars.

You may find a real-life review by the GT-R Register's own David Yu here:
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/1138151-post52.html

Here are pictures and pricing for all the RSW carbon interior pieces we sell.
If you have any questions at all regarding these pieces, please do not hesitate to contact me.

You may also see these pieces on our website here:
TunerLab.jp - HKS, Nismo, Tomei, Blitz, Sard & more! - RSW Japan

Colour Specs:

Air Conditioning Panel
Black Carbon: 23,940 JPY (about 156 GBP)
Twill or silver carbon: 26,040 JPY (about 169 GBP)

Inner Shift Panel
Twill or Silver Carbon: 26,040 JPY (about 169 GBP)

Mirror Control Panel
Black Carbon: 10,290 JPY (about 67 GBP)
Twill or Silver Carbon: 11,340 JPY (about 73 GBP)

Mirror Inner Panel
Black Carbon: 15,540 JPY (about 100 GBP)
Twill or Silver Carbon: 17,640 JPY (about 114 GBP)

Monitor Panel

Outer Shift Panel
Black Carbon: 52,290 JPY (about 340 GBP)
Twill or Silver Carbon: 57,540 JPY (about 374 GBP)

Side Emblem

Vent Panel

Window Switch Panel
Black Carbon: 15,540 JPY (about 100 GBP)
Twill or Silver Carbon: 17,640 JPY (about 114 GBP)

·
Registered
872 Posts
For the first time I'm taking an interest in some carbon!! Dont suppose you've got a better pic of the outer shift panel - preferably in silver carbon?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the first time I'm taking an interest in some carbon!! Dont suppose you've got a better pic of the outer shift panel - preferably in silver carbon?
Yes, here is a better picture for you:

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
look I trying my best not to look at these threads... will you please stop posting stuff....

My plain black dull plastic is fine in my R35 as it is, really

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look I trying my best not to look at these threads... will you please stop posting stuff....

My plain black dull plastic is fine in my R35 as it is, really
Don't fight the urge, just go with it :)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Oh eck, this is like a drug, and I promised I wouldn't modify the "new" car LOL !!!!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shipping takes about 5 days via EMS, we can also ship via Fedex if you need it faster.
Currently there is a 3-4 week wait on production of the parts, as they are made by hand in small batches.
I do have some pieces in stock, so PM me which pieces you are interested in and I can let you know what the lead time is.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Shipping takes about 5 days via EMS, we can also ship via Fedex if you need it faster.
Currently there is a 3-4 week wait on production of the parts, as they are made by hand in small batches.
I do have some pieces in stock, so PM me which pieces you are interested in and I can let you know what the lead time is.
Thanks Daryl, PM sent

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
Be careful with this supplier - I have ordered a few carbon bits from them and today receved a hefty bill for customs duties on importd goods.
I regularly order bits from USA, HKG and JPY and have never found a vendor who makes a customs declaration which would result in this level of duty and VAT.
They have offered to re-ship (at my cost) the parts with a corrected declaration and we will try again, but anyone placing an order with them will need to remember to instruct them in advance or you will end up paying at least 20% plus

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Dont understand what is wrong when a company puts a invoice with the correct amount into the box,i would be happy when every company would do that....its not the company which did something wrong,its the country your living in which charges the taxes and duty,cant blame the company for that:wavey:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi,
Be careful with this supplier - I have ordered a few carbon bits from them and today receved a hefty bill for customs duties on importd goods.
I regularly order bits from USA, HKG and JPY and have never found a vendor who makes a customs declaration which would result in this level of duty and VAT.
They have offered to re-ship (at my cost) the parts with a corrected declaration and we will try again, but anyone placing an order with them will need to remember to instruct them in advance or you will end up paying at least 20% plus
Nick,
As I explained to you via email tonight, we filled out the customs declaration with the correct information. Customs and duty fees are calculated by the Customs department in the UK. We cannot control this.
You never requested the value of the shipment to be marked down as lower than you paid in order to beat custom fees.
Therefore we shipped it according to the internationally accepted procedure of shipping packages.
If you have an issue with the customs and duty fees that the United Kingdom charges I suggest you contact the HMRC:
HM Revenue & Customs: How to complain to HM Revenue & Customs

Here is my email again if you require re-clarification:

----------------------------------
Being an experienced, international sales company, we must strongly disagree that shipping a package properly according to International laws and procedures, and giving the customer full protection in case of loss or damage is poor service.
As I said, if the value of the package is lowered, the insured value will be lowered as well.
This means that if the package is lost, stolen or damaged, the customer will not receive proper insurance coverage.
Also, if the value of the package is lowered and customs suspects the customs declaration has been falsified, an investigation can ensue, causing long delays in delivery, or rejection of the package.
We do not randomly decide to falsify the values of our shipments.
As I said, if a customer requests the value of the package to be lowered in order to dupe customs and receive lower duty fees we will accommodate such request. However in these cases we will not be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged packages since the customer has requested reduced insurance protection.
This has nothing to do with shipping to individuals or businesses.
--------------------------------

If you have any further questions regarding international shipping procedures or customs declaration forms please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

Best Regards,
Daryl

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
That seems completely correct and reasonable to me.

It is up to the purchaser as to whether he wants to attempt to defraud HMRC or not. It would be improper of the vendor to suggest that or unilaterally decide to do it!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Ok Ok Ok I give in !!!

What do I have to do to get some bits for my R35 ?

The surround for the contorl panel and the bit for the transmission tunnel (Like what Mr Yu has !)

Cheers

Steve

07717 226 347

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Please

The black shiny Carbon please. Can you PM me the full amount deliverd to my door.

Thank you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts