GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Do you have a link to the group?
At £1350 plus £25 duty I think I’d like to order one and resolve my no audio issue.

Reactions: TABZ
Be careful with the duty and import VAT. They must be misdeclaring the item as the duty and import VAT should be a lot higher than £25......nearer £350+!! Still a good price for what's offered though.

Couple of google maps pictures added bud, TBH i much prefer it already over the CBA stock system, so many options and cool features, like having a tablet basically in your car!! It has its own dedicated GPS plugged in (see picture attached) , i've stuck it behind the unit at the top of the dash, proper stealth out the way and it picks up the nav GPS signal fine.. If i didnt i would have moved it to the pillar. At the moment its hotspot from my phone, which i think most will do, works fine.. But actually today I pulled the trigger on a 'Three' network data SIM, which i'm gonna put in as it has a dedicated on board SIM slot (see picture attached) (plus an extra one on cable ) I didn't want a monthly billeddata sim just for the car! so spotted one by Three called 24 for 24, basically you get 24gb data for 24 months usage, which is ace.. fit and forget and it was only like £44 one off payment, i'll post on that
Once tested.

View attachment 261702

View attachment 261704
TLDR - it's very hard to make this unit run slow

Hey guys, I'm Adam, and this is actually my kit. The stock Android rom on the GT-R (or any Android radio for that matter) is atrodcious - slow, laggy, just utter garagbe.

Our GT-R kits - and any kits for other platforms we will be releasing run a custom ROM designed by me. This increases performance, touch responsiveness, bluetooth connection quality, the ugly launcher, and about 110 more tweaks :)

Hardware is also very important, we only run the 8 core Intel SC9583i processor paired with 4gb of ram and 64gb of SSD hard disk space!!

I'm here if anyone has questions, also this was supposed to be in response to the comment above chronos's 🤦‍♂️

The markets already been created 10 yrs ago, no real service for repairing a head unit which really was’nt any good from day one.

Repair prices that are a joke and the std system is well outdated.
So, while totally accurate if your dealing with a vendor that's just drop shipping android radios from china (ebay, phoenix, rhyno), we are more akin to a company link Linkswell.

All repairs - paid or warranty will go through my compnay, T-Rex Tech. You also get a 1 year warranty with all purchases 😉

Also, all of our kits run a custom Android ROM developed by myself. It is faster, runs cooler, more responsive, and a slew of other improvements!

Would it not be an idea to appoint a uk representative to deal with sales,service and supply’s?
I'm in discussion with a couple UK resellers, for the period of the beta, UK units that we send I ship direct from the factory and prepare via the TeamViewer support tool - for those that are familiar with it on windows or mac, it works very similarly.

Couple of google maps pictures added bud, TBH i much prefer it already over the CBA stock system, so many options and cool features, like having a tablet basically in your car!! It has its own dedicated GPS plugged in (see picture attached) , i've stuck it behind the unit at the top of the dash, proper stealth out the way and it picks up the nav GPS signal fine.. If i didnt i would have moved it to the pillar. At the moment its hotspot from my phone, which i think most will do, works fine.. But actually today I pulled the trigger on a 'Three' network data SIM, which i'm gonna put in as it has a dedicated on board SIM slot (see picture attached) (plus an extra one on cable ) I didn't want a monthly billeddata sim just for the car! so spotted one by Three called 24 for 24, basically you get 24gb data for 24 months usage, which is ace.. fit and forget and it was only like £44 one off payment, i'll post on that
Once tested.
Thanks fella. I will keep an eye on this ...

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Today I pulled the trigger on a 'Three' network data SIM, which i'm gonna put in as it has a dedicated on board SIM slot (see picture attached) (plus an extra one on cable ) I didn't want a monthly billeddata sim just for the car! so spotted one by Three called 24 for 24, basically you get 24gb data for 24 months usage, which is ace.. fit and forget and it was only like £44 one off payment, i'll post on that
Once tested.
... and we now have built in car Internet 4G wooop tested YouTube, chrome, maps etc working 👍

Attachments

This is really cool, just bought a CBA myself and whilst everything is fine (at the moment by all accounts) this is brilliant work which I am now going to follow 😊

I used to use an Infil G4 carPC back in the day on my S14 Silvia so this is quite reminiscent of that for me.

Discussion starter · #35 · (Edited)
Update 02/07/2020

Reactions: 4wdnoob and SKNAM
It’s not looking like a full plug and play kit just of yet, keeping my eye on the developments going off.
I’d buy A finalised version as long as it’s all plug and plug but Not prepared to cut any of my existing loom.

It’s not about the looks,it’s getting through all the little niggles they have been experiencing.

The harness is a bit of a mess just now but once they’ve finalised the spec they can tidy that up.

Ive got a eye on it and follow the daily updates and issue resolving.

when it all boils down it’s a £500 head unit from China, it’s the backup and development your paying for, if that comes to an end your stuffed.

Discussion starter · #39 · (Edited)
It’s not looking like a full plug and play kit just of yet, keeping my eye on the developments going off.
I’d buy A finalised version as long as it’s all plug and plug but Not prepared to cut any of my existing loom.
True its still in development aka BETA, and some cutting IS needed so far to sort the HISS issue, YES we have a fix now! wooop... where-in another piece of hardware needs to be tapped in.. sub £20 as well.. The HISS looked like it wasn't going to be able to be fixed, so i'm quite happy TBH with having to chop a few bits at this stage.. I'll be fitting mine this week once it arrives, x2 other cars already have fitted working, no hiss.
Was a no brainer for me and Stew and the guys in the whatsapp tech group have been brilliant.
Yeah we have a great bunch of people in the newi-ish ProKit UK Whatsapp group, and we have brainstormed, bought, chopped and tweaked to sort issues with* T-Rex staff as well, for the benefit of us owners, and the community as a whole going forward..
It’s not about the looks,it’s getting through all the little niggles they have been experiencing.
The harness is a bit of a mess just now but once they’ve finalised the spec they can tidy that up.
Ive got a eye on it and follow the daily updates and issue resolving.
when it all boils down it’s a £500 head unit from China, it’s the backup and development your paying for, if that comes to an end your stuffed.
See my quote above bud, we have our own UK owners group as well now, which has some tech people in, who get stuck in to try things, and resolve things,.. amazing TBH so far! The Kit itself you get from China for £500? I've seen for £800 anyhow doesn't really matter... comes with basic software and isn't just plug'n'play perfect, and is buggy especially on RHD, plus the annoying Hiss issue with the kit from factory! hense the BETA group+Trex are fixing issues hardware+software, and polishing it which takes time and effort, plus custom software/hardware addons/development from TREX now and going forward .. Support has been very good from them so far...

It's like buying a cheap Ecutek license from China, with Mr.China sending you a map for your car OR buying an Ecutek license from Litchfields with Mr.Litchfield sending you a map for your car, which would cost twice more, but which would you want?? ;)

21 - 40 of 93 Posts