GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone I'm new to this site so hello all. I desperately want a GTR but only have a maximum budget of £30k and upon looking around everywhere I can imagine (autotrader, pistonheads. Ebay) I am getting the impression I'm punching above my weight but do you guys know if there any chance of getting into a GTR for my budget without buying a complete dog???

·
Registered
519 Posts
Quite frankly, no. If you manage to find a GTR for 30K it will be a 2008 import or a 2009 car that has been abused and is a complete hound, as well probably needing brakes, tyres and a service which will set you back around 3-5K. If you want a decent GTR you still need to find high 30's. My advice is to wait until you can afford the right car as buying a cheap wrong'un will provide you with no pleasure at all and will end up costing you a fortune in the short term - money you may as well have put toward a good one in the first place.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys I'll save up for a bit longer and get a decent one, would hate to spend my hard earned cash on something and it be a waste :(

·
Registered
941 Posts
Are you buying it outright? or is the £30k budget what you've worked out as what you can afford with finance?

I would hold off until you feel you're not stretching yourself too much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No basically we have sold our house and made a small amount of money and the wife has let me have a budget up to a max of £30k for a car (took lots of persuasion) originally was looking for an M3 but then started looking into the GTR as it's my dream car other than the usual lambo or Ferrari. I did see one up for £29,995 but has over 70k miles which I'm guessing is a big no no on a car like this. So in short it's a cash purchase

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
I think the silver car is high mileage but get it checked over my litchfield and make sure it's 100% then it can be fine, it is just a car afterall. A well documented history and service schedule is fine. Depends how much you want to do, there are a lot of high miles ones used from a lot of motorway use. I think that silver one is the one that was mentioned on here for sale for £27k and it got sold right away.
An M3 is great, I had one but nothing on a GTR. A small loan for £8k over 3 years so add to your budget maybe will open up a lot more cars

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't want finance just a straight sale, from reading up ill need as much money as I can just to run it!! Looks like I will have to stick with the M3 the GTR is just that little bit out of my reach it seem which is a real shame :(

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Totally understandable and good to see your going in with your eyes wide open.
If you are going for an M3, there is a buyers guide on PistonHeads that came out a few months ago. IMO DCT is better over manual. The new M3/M4 is out in June so may have better deals on older cars going soon. I would advise a competition pack if you can. And one with a good spec list as this will help come sale time. 19" wheels, front/rear parking sensors and EDC appear to be most common people like to have.
Anything else drop me a PM or go search the pistonheads buyers guide :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh well if any of you guys know of a well looked after GTR within my budget whether now or likely to come up for sale sometime in the near future then let me know. Failing that if nothing comes up suitable I may well of bought an M3

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
No basically we have sold our house and made a small amount of money and the wife has let me have a budget up to a max of £30k for a car (took lots of persuasion) originally was looking for an M3 but then started looking into the GTR as it's my dream car other than the usual lambo or Ferrari. I did see one up for £29,995 but has over 70k miles which I'm guessing is a big no no on a car like this. So in short it's a cash purchase

A Nissan with 70k should be no issue mate.If it has good service history then there is no reson why it should give you issues.

After running old school jap cars with high mileage I would be happy to trust a more modern car

·
Registered
658 Posts
A Nissan with 70k should be no issue mate.If it has good service history then there is no reson why it should give you issues.

After running old school jap cars with high mileage I would be happy to trust a more modern car
I have a 53k miler Black Edition Sat Nav for sale but looking for £35k new mpss tyres, just serviced, new pagid pads , year MOT just spent over £2.5k+ on car. Nothing needing done to car except drive and enjoy Litchfield stage 2.

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
I have a 53k miler Black Edition Sat Nav for sale but looking for £35k new mpss tyres, just serviced, new pagid pads , year MOT just spent over £2.5k+ on car. Nothing needing done to car except drive and enjoy Litchfield stage 2.

Yes I have seen it mate-looks nice and that mileage is nothing so it should sell quickly:thumbsup:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Don't let a high miler put you off - as long as it is in good nick, has a FSH and does not need tyres, brakes and a service then you should be fine. A 70K mile car has probably been used for commuting which is better than a 15K mile car that has been thrashed round a track every weekend. If it has been used for commuting, check the paintwork. GTR paint is notoriously soft so the front bumper and bonnet may look like it has been sandblasted.

Sensible decision on not getting roped in to finance. All too easy to be a mug and sign on the never never. Whatever car you get, at least you will know it is yours, bought and paid for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your advice guys, the one I've seen for £29'995 is on ebay and autotrader it says it's had 13 services all bar the last done by Nissan?? So sounds to of been well looked after. My other question would be would this particular car hold it's value better than say a 2010 M3 with 50k miles

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
Thanks for all your advice guys, the one I've seen for £29'995 is on ebay and autotrader it says it's had 13 services all bar the last done by Nissan?? So sounds to of been well looked after. My other question would be would this particular car hold it's value better than say a 2010 M3 with 50k miles

Need more info on the first car really to advise on that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It looks like it was for sale on this forum originally take a look under the for sale section and you will find it at the top of the page

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
Hard call mate but buy the car to enjoy it as most of the time you will lose money on a car sale. If you are a low mileage driver there is no reason why the car with the high mileage would be a bad buy for you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I would be doing somewhere in the region of 7-8k per year. Heart saying GT-R but then there is only 1 in the whole uk in my budget so head is telling me maybe there is a reason why and just buy an M3 and have hassle free motoring. It's such a tricky decision

1 - 20 of 34 Posts