GTR Forum banner

R35 GTR - Black / Blact Edition Sat Nav with a great Reg plate

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  kenzie2510 
#1 ·
Due to relocation I am now selling my GTR. It is a Sep 09 Black Edition with Sat Nav. 7,000 miles, Optimistation and 6000 mile service done at Marshalls. Perfect Condition and included, though if I have to I will split, is the reg plate.... R35 GTR. This is going up for sale in the press when I return from Oz begining of February. The reg plate alone is worth a bit hence the price..... GBP 61k.
Based in SE - I genuinely believed this is price to sell given the unique reg plate.

#5 ·
Is this the plate you got from the DVLA auction for 6 grand, then joined this forum and tried to sell it for 35 grand in your very first post? Well before you even took delivery of the car!! How about this then, you keep the plate and try and sell it for 35 grand, and I'll give you 26 grand for the car? Win win all round!! :chuckle:

#6 ·
Boy oh boy you seem bitter. What is the point in trashing a perfectly legitimate thread?
Yes i did get it from the DVLA and I did offer it for sale because I bought it and owners are allowed to sell things. As for the price, do you spend all of your time whinging that things are too expensive or have you just decided to on here?

#9 ·
Still fail to see the funny side or even why you bother.

Had offers for both car and plate close to my numbers.

FFS even webuyanycar.com is more realistic and they are in the worst of the worst bids so maybe that just reflects on you!

Join the real world where a market consists of realistic buyers and sellers, if you can compete join in otherwise its just a waste of everybodies time !

#10 ·
For what its worth,

I would say your car has very high miles - 7k in 3.5months !!! - for a premium product, if it was a Lamboghini or Ferrari as alot of 35 owners like to compare costs and performance to, then its almost beyond what a main dealer would accept back as a trade in.

Its got a plate you won in a public auction for 6k attached, so lets say a few people would have paid more and the plate is worth 8k to be generous - after all, its still just a plate solely of interest to a very small number of people buying a car worth only 60k new, with a slowly cheapening market base to pitch it to, so its hardly Z8NDA is it !!!

That means at 61k you effectively want 53k for your car, which is more like those being advertised for from dealers, with backup and only 3k miles. Private sales with your sort of miles are already heading south of 50k !!

And lets be honest, when you buy a car with a plate on it you dont give full whack for the plate so I would say together your car and plate are worth at most 54k.

Perhaps if you were more realistic (a bit like with your first thread on the potential sale of the plate, which in fairness Mr Boosted was actually his second post, not his first :D) with your pricing then you wouldn't get quite so much aggro. On the whole this place is normally quite a friendly bunch, cant say much for some of the more recent arrivals ;) :D but us old'uns are amicable enough !!

J.

#11 ·
You may well be right but that doesnt really explain why i have offers seperately or together at higher numbers and like everybody who is selling I am trying to get a bit more. As regards the limited appeal of the plate - Thats a fair comment but there are buyers out there with a higher value than you percieve and to be fair - I am the only one that can sell it - limited supply, greater demand = simple economics.

I accept that 7k is on the high side but it is fully serviced, has a service plan attached to the car and is still under full warranty so in effect a buyer has identical protection whether he buys from a dealer or myself.

Let's agree to close on a friendly note, you may not agree with the value I put on the car or plate but others may and from that a market exists - unless somebody else comes in to sell lower or buy higher that is the price - if you disagree simply sell or buy to realign the market - if you cannot then it really doesn't matter what is said because it cannot and does not affect where transactions are valued.

#12 ·
well to be honest mate i think your valuation on the car is spot on. an 09 BLACK EDITION with nav at 55k is about right. anyone show me an 09 nav motor for less money and i'll be impressed...believe me i've been looking. you get alot of people that want to crap a thread or give negative opinions.....whats the point?? with regards to the plate, its the ultimate plate for this car and as you said previously it is a one off and if you want exclusivity this is the price thats been put on it. doesn't really matter how much it was originally purchased for, it just depends on how badly someone wants it.

if its any conciliation i've seen this car in the flesh and the car and plate does look the bollocks.

good luck with the sale and don't get put off by :blahblah::blahblah:'ers

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.