GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm tempted to buy a Nissan GTR for six months before I have to be sensible and buy my first house. I'm just wondering how it would hold it's money over six months, I'd put no more than 5,000 on the mileage.

Budget would be £40k max but ideally £35k, so whatever age/mileage combination that can be had for that

Thanks

George

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sensible answer
surely that depreciation would be better off being put toward the house deposit instead, reducing the amount you pay off through compound interest over the next 25 years?

GTR answer
Who cares about houses? just live in the GTR and spend the money you saved on buying a house to get some curtains fitted to the inside so people can't see you in there at night!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
you would get your money back as long as you do no silly mods to it i.e. Wrapping.

Bobby

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I think this is the wrong time to buy one, because I've found that as soon as the weather picks up it becomes gtr season a bit like convertible cars the prices go up because of the demand so I reckon unless you fell on a bargain your gunna lose if you sell it in autumn/winter time.... There's a nice on the forum priced at £39, 995 with some nice mods by webber give him a shout I'll think if he sorts out a decent deal with ya you may be ok with his for resale because tastefully moded car and looks good

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys, yea I've probably left it a bit late to buy really. I've taken a look at Webber's car and it looks very nice, right mods, low mileage and it looks like the common GTR faults have been seen to.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
did you get a car in the end?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would say if you had purchased in the winter and sold in the early summer you wouldn't lose a penny. I paid £42k for my 2010 model 18 months ago and I recon I could sell it for £39-40k right now if I wanted to.. £2k-£3k depreciation over 18months is crazy.. I was expecting it to drop by £5k/year when I purchased it so I'm dead chuffed. Long and short if it is you wont lose a lot in 6 months but if you work on possibly losing 3-4k then thats still £700/month + interest charges (if a loan is involved) + running costs.. so in all that could be £5k extra towards a house deposit and not having to live with the risk that it may not sell when you need to shift it. Also with the housing market the way it is and bargains being hard to find I think you need to be ready to jump on something the moment a good deal shows up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts