GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats the engine details or the new skyline then?

I dont know if its common knowlege (prob is) but im 100% (straight from a nissan development bods mouth) the engine is a turbod FOUR litre version of the 3.5V6 350Z engine.

Apart from that i know bugger all, so whats the deal?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Interesting, I think most people thought it was going to be along the lines of a turbo'd Z engine.

Its V35 by the way, and apparently the GTR may not even be based on the V35 Skyline (it may be G35 actually).

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
The GTR is not going to be shown at Tokyo next week. The whole project seems to have been delayed so again we are back to just guessing both about styling and engine.

BTW...V35/G35/M35/Z33/FX45/Murano are all the same FM modular platform.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I don't mind if they take their time, as long as they don't come out with some boring ass politically correct super car that cannot be tuned.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
well I still have faith on the guys up in Japan, I do strongly belive what Mr GTR said in one of teh magazines I forgot which one ,, buttom line he said, Dont worry the next GTR is in good hands, and then went on comparing it to the 911 turbo.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
DCD said:
I don't mind if they take their time, as long as they don't come out with some boring ass politically correct super car that cannot be tuned.
Hit the nail on the head. I'd rather see a car that has been delayed, even if this annoys the market, but the car has been perfected during these delays rather than the opposite of this occuring.

Everything you said from boring onwards I agree with.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i've read the engine is going to be built wih the help of cosworth and could even have hybrid technology like honda ima system

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
GT-Rob said:
i've read the engine is going to be built wih the help of cosworth and could even have hybrid technology like honda ima system
The Cosworth bit is true, and the hybrid thing is/was an old rumour - if the hybrid thing is true, then I will be disappointed. I can't even explain my anger if it will be hybrid.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
DCD said:
Very well said Dino :)

VQ40 TT, advance ATTESA, 6-speed manual, V35 coupe body with flair fender, price between 6~8 million yen, then we have a winner.

My last wish is a cast iron block :p

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts