GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working with Lanan racing all last week at Snetterton, we were competing in the BRDC F4 championship which was one of the support races. here's a few shots from the pitlane of the GT cars and some of the driver who I look after, Arjun Maini, who had his first F4 race win of the season on Sunday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Well done on the win Barry. The Bentley looks proper rude and so do the ladies in catsuits - thanks for sharing :chuckle: Are you going to Hethel Friday?

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done on the win Barry. The Bentley looks proper rude and so do the ladies in catsuits - thanks for sharing :chuckle: Are you going to Hethel Friday?
Thanks George, Arjun is a great lad, he's only 16 and has left India to make a go of being a professional racing driver. He's moved away from his family and home to live in the UK and spends his time in the gym, on the simulator or testing the car.
I'm not going to Hethel, just about had enough of Norfolk, on Fri I was up at 4am and eventually went to bed at 2.30am Sat morning, we then got up again at 6am to get the cars ready for qualifying. Living the dream! Anybody who thinks motor racing is a glamorous sport should spend a few days with a pro race team. This weekend I'm instructing at Rockingham for the two days working for The Racing School on a couple of Gift/ Experience days, in the two days I will meet drivers who couldn't drive a nail into a bit of wood, never mind a 500hp Supercar and one or two top quality potential professional drivers who could make a living out of race driving but will probably never have the chance as they can only just about to scrape enough money together for half a dozen laps in a Gallardo.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Wow, what a top lad for taking the step to move away from his family and home country and go for it in an unfamiliar environment. And top work by you mate for giving him and the team so much. Bet you are well chuffed :bowdown1:

Mate, last time I met you in person you were retiring. Sounds like you work harder now than you did then lol.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Thanks George, Arjun is a great lad, he's only 16 and has left India to make a go of being a professional racing driver. He's moved away from his family and home to live in the UK and spends his time in the gym, on the simulator or testing the car.
I'm not going to Hethel, just about had enough of Norfolk, on Fri I was up at 4am and eventually went to bed at 2.30am Sat morning, we then got up again at 6am to get the cars ready for qualifying. Living the dream! Anybody who thinks motor racing is a glamorous sport should spend a few days with a pro race team. This weekend I'm instructing at Rockingham for the two days working for The Racing School on a couple of Gift/ Experience days, in the two days I will meet drivers who couldn't drive a nail into a bit of wood, never mind a 500hp Supercar and one or two top quality potential professional drivers who could make a living out of race driving but will probably never have the chance as they can only just about to scrape enough money together for half a dozen laps in a Gallardo.
Kid seems talented, and with Graham and Lanan who I know having placed a driver to race with them in F3 in the past. What they have achieved in the past not only in F4 but also F3 he is in good hands :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the red Ferrari 458 Gary Eastwoods?

Just saw LKM.

He's a top bloke
Yes, they finished 2nd in race two and Jonny Cocker who is on this forum finished 2nd in race one.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Engine

Barry.

Nice job!

I was at the Cholmondey Padgent of Power and heard the Nissan GT3.

Do you know what engine are these running? Sounded like a V8 not V6.

Satan.

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Barry.

Nice job!

I was at the Cholmondey Padgent of Power and heard the Nissan GT3.

Do you know what engine are these running? Sounded like a V8 not V6.

Satan.
The car at Cholmondeley was Shaun's GT1 car, a much rarer beast only 4,I think, were built. You are correct re engine configuration, the GT1 uses a naturally aspirated V8 whereas the GT3 cars are much closer to the production road car and use the V6 turbo engine.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The car at Cholmondeley was Shaun's GT1 car, a much rarer beast only 4,I think, were built. You are correct re engine configuration, the GT1 uses a naturally aspirated V8 whereas the GT3 cars are much closer to the production road car and use the V6 turbo engine.
Thanks Barry, yes the comentator did say now you mention it about only 1 in this country and 3 others in Japan.

Sounded vicious!!

Great info, thanks! What sort of power is this one in the photo running?

Cheers Satan

·
Premium Member
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks Barry, yes the comentator did say now you mention it about only 1 in this country and 3 others in Japan.

Sounded vicious!!

Great info, thanks! What sort of power is this one in the photo running?

Cheers Satan
JRM R35 GT3 engines are 550bhp.
It's quite interesting comparing the costs to the F4 single seaters, the R35 GT3 is £295K and was doing 1 min 51 secs round Snetterton, the F4 costs new £32K and £4k for the engine and we did 1min 50.6secs in the race and went quicker in testing during the week when it was cooler, down in the 49secs!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts