GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps,

looking to get back in the fold of a gtr and gonna take a jump towards a r35 gtr.

I have seen one in Japan through a friend who has connections, he says its a 2007, did they come out in 2007 or 2008?

A few other questions that might make me make a better decision.

Are imports cheaper than UK spec cars if i ever sell on?
How much is a 2008 cheaper than a UK 2008 model with the same mileage?
Do you think the rices will be steady over the next year or are we going to see a largish drop?

I ask these questions because there is one advertised on Pistonhead a 2008 model for 39'995 which seems a bit cheap for a premium addition, is this a one off quick sale price?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Launched in 2007 (December deliveries) in Japan.
A JDM will have less secondhand value than a UK spec as it won't have a warranty in the UK, the nav will be in Japanese and there is still (albeit diminishing) fear of non UK supplied cars as rumours about cars being clocked that dealers and traders circulated wrongly in the nineties in order to protect their businesses are still whispered amongst the deluded.

There was a gearbox revision shortly after the cars release, I've not seen many hard facts on if it was software or hardware but its solved on any car wearing an 08 plate. 07 plates may have the old box.

Regarding price some chap on here bought an 08 for £38k last week so thats around the right money for one (it'll probably get snapped up very quickly at that price as long as its not a bender)

UK models probably command roughly a £5k premium like for like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts