GTR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
so who makes them where are they made and what uk company is product testing them?
I try to keep my supplier's details confidential.
We have multiple suppliers that build our suspension to MeisterR specification.

We design the suspension, and test them in the UK.
We are currently working on the R35, the prototype suspension is on my own R35.
But right now I am not 100% happy with the suspension, and that is why it hasn't been releases.

It isn't that the prototype suspension are bad, it's just the GTR standard suspension are very good, and I wouldn't want to put on something worst than standard.
One of the main concern is road comfort, and we got a good handle on that already.
But most owners want the electronic damping to function and that is a slightly more complex challenge on an aftermarket coilovers; but we are looking into it.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
how are you testing it?
At first, we are testing the physical property such as ride height adjustment, making sure everything fit straight out the box, etc.

We have been working on the damper valving at first making a more road compliant setup.
And while the damper valving are good, getting them integrated into the standard electronic damping control might be a bit more difficult.
We were going to get a stepping motor set up (similar to BMW) but that may not work out as efficent as we like, so we are looking into other avenue at the moment.

The GTR to me is a test bed of pushing our technical know how and applying them to a product.
One thing for sure is that I won't release anything until I am happy 100%
I don't ever sell anything that I wouldn't use on my own car. :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
some great great stuff here !!

Suspension : R35 Nissan GT-R

currently undecided on what to get!

there is near enough no experienced reviews on here about after market suspension of what people have fitted except Lichfield which sound great but is not what i'm looking for...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
some great great stuff here !!

Suspension : R35 Nissan GT-R

currently undecided on what to get!

there is near enough no experienced reviews on here about after market suspension of what people have fitted except Lichfield which sound great but is not what i'm looking for...
It depends of your budget, but if you are looking for good coilovers for track use, not overpriced, If I were you I would take KW Clubsport 3 way.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Do you know the spring rates on the club sport kw I can't find much info except a lot of people on the Gtrlife forum saying there too soft..

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
kw are good for street. only track if you go twice a year to stroll around on it.

all the coilovers have to be tuned per track... there is no set it and forget it.

ohlins has a new one with less settings and good track and street setup. perfect for most that want a step up but don't want to be confused with so many settings they dont know what to do with. still requires professional to set it up imho.

litchfield are not coilovers but would be perfect for 90% of people.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I've contacted quantum to see if they could provide anything outside esprit
Other wise nitron 3ways I think
The ohlins look good but they look like a base if they come out with a 2 or 3 way I'll be there!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts