GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

I haven't posted for a while as I have been away from Skylines.

Having been on here previously with my highly modded R32 (Rod Bell built 630bhp) a few years ago and more recently with my RB30 R34 (Rod Bell built 700+bhp) I am thinking of returning to the fold.

I had a good test drive in a friends new R35 (UK spec Premium edition) on Monday covering roads that I would be driving on a daily basis (moorland B roads).

I must confess that the car was deceptively quick but with no drama and no noise. I am fairly sure that the car would have kept pace with my old R34 on smooth tarmac (even with a 250-300bhp defecit) but throw in a bumpy road and the R34 would walk away from the R35 - or that is how it felt.

The gearbox was awesome but left me feeling unconnected to the car.

Issues such as the sheer size of the thing (it is a big car) and the play station detatched feeling can be forgiven considering the outright performance.

There are however a couple of issues that I am struggling to come to terms with:

1. The seats are some of the most uncomfortable I have ever sat in. I am 6ft and about 15 stone but I found the seats too small and very narrow.

2. THE BIG ONE - the ride (even on comfort) was so hard I was genuinely shocked. Suspension travel wasn't the best and over rutted surfaces the car skipped around for fun which was unsettling.

I am not sure that I could live with the ride quality.

Has anyone else found this!

It may be that I have become accustomed to the relative comfort of my old Audi RS4 (modded B5) or am I reading the R35 all wrong?

Are the run flats to blame? (BMW's have never been the same since they introduced them).

Please - someone tell me that I am wrong and that I need to get an R35!!!

Comments invited.

Cheers

NICKH

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
how many miles had the R35 done?

I found my harder JDM 35 soften up around 4k mark...

TM I now prefer to the stick shifts, I like the seats but I'm not as tall as you

R

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Robbie

The car had done just under 1,600 miles.

·
Registered
872 Posts
After 9,000 miles my regular passenger still complains even though she insists we go everywhere in Comfort mode.

I dont notice as much when driving, but it sure is harder than my 350Z.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts