GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in treating myself with a R35 GTR,
I've noticed the imports are a lot cheaper but after speaking to a few friends who own UK R35's they've said don't touch it with a barge pole ***128532;,

My question is why not if I can save myself 10k or so?

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
I dont see why not either!!!

BUT - I dont think the price difference is £10k though!!! Or anywhere near that!!! I would never buy an import simply because the price difference to uk car is usually not much more than 2-3k!!!

Indicators on the wrong side!!!
More common stereo problems!
Japanese Menu's!
No benefit of EXTENDED warranty items like Stereo/dash cluster etc!

If I was offered one £10k cheaper - I would be all over it!!!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
^^^^ he has some valid points..

also if you were to buy a fresh import from Japan now it would cost more than a UK example of the same year.

Mines A JDM and the warranty on clusters and radio is the worst bits but we can fix those now ;-).

But for performance and reliability there is no issues.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Ok boys, listen up ! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with a JDM car - I have imported my R33 GTR V Spec (16 yrs ago and still have it) an R34 GTT and Nismo S tune 350Z and of course my R35 cos Nissan couldn***8217;t get their fingers out of their arse and get me one back in 2007 / 2008.

I got my car in 2008 and there is nothing wrong with it. In fact it does everything a, err, so called UK spec car can do and they are ALL built in the same place by the same people!!

As for the indicators being on the "wrong" side NO NO NO you are absolutely incorrect ALL proper cars are RHD with the indicators on the right of the steering column only cos we joined to bloody EEC are OUR cars now made incorrectly. Hence Japan drives on the left with the steering wheel on the right and the indicators on the CORRECT side !!

As for Radio reception, I have no issues and you can get a little device or buy a DAB, oh and what was the other thing ? Oh yes, the info in Japanese - ever heard of Google Translator??? In fact my dashboard is mainly English with "Car wings" No idea what the button does but the car does fly!!!

Yup the TPMS is a t a different frequency, but hey there are now clone ones, so again no problem, I just had one replaced after a so called tyre fitter ****ed it !
Your estimation of price is a little low as I think a good car with sensible modification will still fetch a decent price.

Mine maybe for sale and if you look at the spec you***8217;ll see it has the £10k Alcon 400mm BBK all round + it has just been serviced and had the Bell housing and gearbox circlips done (something UK car need as well) It has the latest Litchfield maps with variable fuel maps, boost and rolling boost. + it***8217;s RED the fastest colour !!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, love the wright up Steve.
I also imported my R33 GTR & loved it.
Seems most uk R35 owners don't like the imports though :(

Missed out on a stunning R35 GTR, Black, 40k on clock, 2 owners, FSH, stage 1 £30,995 bargain in the colour I want :(
Just my luck

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
as one of the "early adopters" or other could say jump before thinking, the JDM as been fine

yes no GB easy dealer stuff, who cares Litchfields is miles better

I get a cute Japanese voice welcoming me to GTR world (no idea what she says) when I turn it on

no rattles

radio 2 is fine (ok dab thing has wires everywhere)

no stupid headlight jetwash

wheel sensors are the same as US and super cheap
R

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts

Missed out on a stunning R35 GTR, Black, 40k on clock, 2 owners, FSH, stage 1 £30,995 bargain in the colour I want :(
Just my luck
Well me you and Robbie are all UK R35 owners who saw the "not lets get ripped of or scared by big bad Mr Nissan" :chuckle:

·
Registered
271 Posts

Just my luck
That car was up for sale for quite some time. The dealer wasnt that great and I was very close to buying it.

I think it is still for sale, or at least the advert is on ebay: NISSAN GT-R BLACK EDITION 3.8 PETROL TWIN TURBO 3DR AUTO 2008 [08] BLACK | eBay

He does state it is the cheapest on the market. Technically that isn't true as there is a silver one for sale for 29,999 with 84k miles.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was the one, called him today it's sold :(

Steve pm me how much your after for your GTR please (hoping it's in my budget)

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Why should it ? We are an Island and any car bought into the country is "an import"

·
Ooo Matron !
2,118 Posts
Why should it ? We are an Island and any car bought into the country is "an import"
I happened to mention the idea of an imported GTR the other day to my missus and she said "Buy aren't they all made in Japan ?" "Well, yes", "Then surly they are all imported ?". "Erm, yes".

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
I happened to mention the idea of an imported GTR the other day to my missus and she said "Buy aren't they all made in Japan ?" "Well, yes", "Then surly they are all imported ?". "Erm, yes".
Your missus is very very very clever as it’s the same with a Porsche, Audi, BMW Ferrari etc. etc. etc.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts