GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
I have been saving hard and i went to a HPC nissan dealer to test drive a R35 with the intention of trading in my R33.

The r35 was a late 09 model - it had rear parking sensors but no sat nav.

I have a couple of questions from the test drive and wondered if you could help me out:

1 - do all GTR's lurch forward when setting off from a stand still?
2 - the sales man told me that the brakes were new all round but they squeaked really bad - and he said all GTR's do - Is that right?
3 - there was a number of clunks from below the centre console which the sales man said that the gearbox makes that noise from time to time - but the 'box is in the back
4 - the sales man said the brake disks cost £606 and pads £686 is that right?
5 - The sales man said that you cannot retrofit the sat nav as it has parking sensors - again - I think that the salesman is speaking rubbish

can you confirm the above is correct ?

regards
Shaun

·
Registered
930 Posts
Mine definitely has an issue pulling off on very light throttle it kangaroos, reversing can be worse somehow Nissan have built a car that launches better in reverse than going forwards lol!

My brakes have never squeaked.

Clunking and rattling are perfectly normal.

No idea about brake costs but I would hazard a guess anything an hpc sells can be sourced quite a bit cheaper from somewhere like litchfields.

Pretty sure the sat nav thing is true, I asked the same question on here when looking for one myself.

The pulling off thing is beginning to get on my wick if I'm honest and I may have a word with middlehurst next week and see what can be done but does it put me off the car does it heck as like it's awesome!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yeh mine jumps in first too. Think it's got worse recently. Maybe the clutch needs adjusting. My brakes squealed when new but now 2 years old 15k no noise apart from the pin rattling on the calipers ( normal ). Gearbox noise is all normal. Brakes still fine on mine but prob will get Alcons from Litchfields next as aftermarket ones are much better than oem and half the price. Tom Tom with fill post code search are far better than any built in Sat Nav so don't even worry about that. Tyres last about 10k unless u start tracking it alot.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Mine did tons of jumping around when i got it and a relearn really smoothed it out. For all the time it takes to do a realearn at a service the HPC's should do it at every one as a matter of course.

Mine is a bit more grabby recently and as a result might upgrade my AP to the NIS06 so I can do it myself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R35 Issues

The stumbling block was the salesman
he just seemed dis-interested in selling the car - I have the cash but wanted a sensible price for my car. Even asking him what would he chuck in if I paid the full asking price - Mats ? No nothing !

My 1994 R33 2.5 Gts-t has 90K on the clock, is in very good condition bar a little ding on the bonnet and one on the passenger door.
All the tyres are new (pirelli P zeros) The alloys are un marked BK racing 335 18inch alloys, custom leather interior, Kenwood/focal/genesis Hifi. BC racing coilovers. Hybrid turbo, uprated fuel pump and injectors, HKS airfilter and exhuast . Optima yellow top battery.

Salesman offered 2K tops

I know I would get more private - but I thought he was having a laugh. I am not confortable selling private as I may get test pilots etc.
Shaun

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
ask for steering wheel lock problem as most early cars could have that issue.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
ask for steering wheel lock problem as most early cars could have that issue.
not been an issue for 09 UK cars.

rattles, transmission shunt etc ; all normal

it'll have balance of warranty, so what are you worried about

HPC would charge circa £900 per corner for new pad/disc fitted, so if they've been done that is a plus. Only other concern I'd have would be tyre condition; allow £400 per corner to replace.

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
They'll most likely scrap the GTST. Just sell it privately or give it to an enthusiast for 2k

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
They'll most likely scrap the GTST. Just sell it privately or give it to an enthusiast for 2k
+1....dealer would probably do more for you if you did not have the car to part exchange.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
not been an issue for 09 UK cars.

rattles, transmission shunt etc ; all normal

it'll have balance of warranty, so what are you worried about

HPC would charge circa £900 per corner for new pad/disc fitted, so if they've been done that is a plus. Only other concern I'd have would be tyre condition; allow £400 per corner to replace.
mine prop shaft rattles also but sometimes very hard. Bellhousing checked and no sign of faults.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts