GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Supraman pop round to mine last night and he caught me driving past him as he was looking for my gaff. One thing he said is how good the car looked under the lights in Black (even though it's needing a clean - i have mud all over the left handside of the car from the A81/82 driving i've been doing)

But the funny thing is, i don't seem to get that much attention in mine. (which suits me)

I'd imagine the white, UMS and red guys would have it constantly with the Titanium and DMG guys a close 2nd.

But us guys with the KB (Kuro Black) must be in some sort of stealth cover especially in the Black Edition.
eg I can only think of half a dozen incidents in 800 miles or so of driving where people have noticed me. And most of those where when i was doing a bit too much high revving of the high revs 600-1200 run in period!
Or is it just me and the rest of you guys with KBBE's (Kuro Black Black Edtion) are getting all the attention? :D

As an aside: My dad reckons i should be able to get myself a gf because of the car. (Cheers dad) I explained that women either haven't noticed the car or i've been going too fast to notice them :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Everyone, and I do mean everyone who says anything about the black colour says that they prefer it. I have seen all the colours and (when clean, I'll give you that!) black is the best colour for this car.

No further arguments, I'm not in the mood :p

·
Registered
135 Posts
As an aside: My dad reckons i should be able to get myself a gf because of the car. (Cheers dad) I explained that women either haven't noticed the car or i've been going too fast to notice them :D
NFW. Most girls have no idea about the car. Boys over 10 and guys in white vans are my number one fans. Neither are my preferred sexual preference :eek:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hehe +1. If I would be into spotty guys with caps, this car would be very usefull on the relationship front.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
oh well i seem to get plenty female attraction in mine lol..

must be the driver i was convinced it was my car..but am happy engaged and have 7 month old baby boy.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Is that allowed under club rules?

looks like a '35 only' meet to me :p

:chuckle:;)
Brilliant!

Sorry Ian, I stopped for petrol on the way home tonight and a 20-something lad came over to ask me about the car. He absolutely loved it and was grinning from ear to ear. He was so enthusiastic that I let him sit in the driver's seat!

I would say that I've averaged about 1 similar encounter per 100 miles, for the 800 miles I've done so far.

I'm very happy with my colour choice (gun metallic), although I'm looking forward to seeing a black car in daylight.

Good to see you last night. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brilliant!

Sorry Ian, I stopped for petrol on the way home tonight and a 20-something lad came over to ask me about the car. He absolutely loved it and was grinning from ear to ear. He was so enthusiastic that I let him sit in the driver's seat!

I would say that I've averaged about 1 similar encounter per 100 miles, for the 800 miles I've done so far.

I'm very happy with my colour choice (gun metallic), although I'm looking forward to seeing a black car in daylight.

Good to see you last night. Thanks again.
Yeh i had that on day 1 of my car in Anstruther - 2 guys who wanted to see the MFD.........but none since then!

But maybe because i do most of my driving at night in a the bat mobile, I can't actually be seen :D

My mum pointed out an Aston Martin when i drove her to the airport - i guess i'm in the wrong car for attracting the ladies or as JM-Imports says (i'm wondering if he's actually my dad :nervous:) it must be me :chuckle:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ive had my GTR for a tad over two weeks and I get looks everywhere I go :bowdown1: ive never had so much attention :bowdown1: people gawp and trip over themselves so its either the colour :clap: or where i live is not affluent therefore anything special will turn heads :confused:

·
Registered
968 Posts
oh well i seem to get plenty female attraction in mine lol..

must be the driver i was convinced it was my car..but am happy engaged and have 7 month old baby boy.
Whahaha, brilliant :chuckle:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Had mine nearly 3weeks and shocked the amount of attention it's recieved, people litterally hanging out of cars to get a peek, even filming .. kuro is the one :0)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I was one car behind a GT-R on the M8 tonight at about 7pm. I think it must have been a Kuro car because I almost didn't spot it! ;) I tried to catch up but the traffic was heavy and my junction came a bit too early. Anyone on here? I was disappointed that I didn't get to perform my first "Skyline Wave".

1 - 18 of 18 Posts