GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the gtr scene and was wondering what sort of life cycle do Nissan normally run with the gtrs i.e. How long did the last R34 run for and would you anticipate a similar life cycle for the r35
Cheers

·
Registered
262 Posts
A colleague at work told me 2012 or 2013 at the latest, would be amazed if that is correct though, if they do, let,s hope they lop at least 200kgs off it, no excuse for 1500kg super cars anymore.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would we betaking about a further revision or an r36? Just trying to evaluate wether its worth waiting for my my11 for which ive been told there's a 20 to 25 week wait which would mean delivery around Xmas and as I'm away most of Xmas I've asked for 1st march delivery as a new plate. What do you think ? (white car ordered)

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Whatever the plan was, I suspect it may have changed given Japan's current focus.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fair point, not really enjoying the painful wait. May try and talk the wife out of going travelling over Xmas, can't really face it knowing my beast is ready to be run in :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
2013 at least or 2015.

And don't complain on the price tag.

I found out that the last owner paid 62,500 when it arrived in 01.2009.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Fair point, not really enjoying the painful wait. May try and talk the wife out of going travelling over Xmas, can't really face it knowing my beast is ready to be run in :thumbsup:
are you having to wait till xmas?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whatever the plan was, I suspect it may have changed given Japan's current focus.
I agree with Zed and yourself the unfortunate and sad events in japan have possibly pushed timings back to around 2015 especially as hpc don't have any white cars at all and have quoted a 25 week build to me (colliers brim) if that's a reflection of the current situation 2015 sounds plausible

·
Registered
37 Posts
Would we betaking about a further revision or an r36? Just trying to evaluate wether its worth waiting for my my11 for which ive been told there's a 20 to 25 week wait which would mean delivery around Xmas and as I'm away most of Xmas I've asked for 1st march delivery as a new plate. What do you think ? (white car ordered)

Are you not tempted to get an alternative colour? - a 6 month wait when you could have almost any other colour immediately seems a long time. You could even wrap another colour to go white if you must? Of course a factory-painted car would be better but if you are even half as impatient as I am.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
are you having to wait till xmas?
No complaints on the price tag, the car is worth every penny and I'm paying list, managed to get free mats and reversing camera thrown in though. Yes waiting until at least November/December for a factory built white car, apparently any other colour including blue is available within a month or so

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
No complaints on the price tag, the car is worth every penny and I'm paying list, managed to get free mats and reversing camera thrown in though. Yes waiting until at least November/December for a factory built white car, apparently any other colour including blue is available within a month or so
Bloody hell you obviously really like white! Good colour choice though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bloody hell you obviously really like white! Good colour choice though :thumbsup:
Ha ha!! I know I have to confirm colour on Saturday so may go towards blue but have a feeling there's going to be quite a few my11 blue cars out there:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Ha ha!! I know I have to confirm colour on Saturday so may go towards blue but have a feeling there's going to be quite a few my11 blue cars out there:thumbsup:
Yeah i think most people have gone for blue as it's the new colour. If i was buying a My11 i'd probably go with white again but not sure what i'd do if the wait was that long :runaway:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you have venturesheild on the bonnet? Has this made it any easier to keep the flies off if you have it:D

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Do you have venturesheild on the bonnet? Has this made it any easier to keep the flies off if you have it:D
No i've currently got no protection on it whatsoever :chairshot

Fully intended on getting a wrap by Robbie but time pressures and the fact that he's so far away mean that i havent got round to it.

I've just got pretty much the full Zaino collection and waiting for a dry weekend so i can get it put on which should make cleaning easier and offer a certain amount of protection against the elements, bird poo and flys etc but not against stone chips.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts