GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous cars i've owned have never cared to inform me of their temps or data in the way that this GTR wants to inform me. I'm kind of spoilt for choice, usually when having a blast i have the custm screen with my oil, trans and coolant temps, on the second row then i usually have boost, oil press and for fun the AWD/RWD screen too.

Now what is the most critical info, that we have the choice to display, that i should be keeping an eye on. Also with that in mind it's all very well keeping an eye on it but what sort of data should be displayed when cruising, under hard use and what should we be looking out for in regards to potential problems??

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
does the R35 not have red zones like the R34?

On my car (R34 GTR) it has red zones that send the info/gauges red when something is reading wrong/to high. I can adjust these also. I adjust them lower than what the standard factory spec is so that i get a more early warning of any problems.

The temps will always be different depending on how you drive along with the conditions outside. So hard to give an adverage.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I tend to keep mine on the 1st screen which I've set to show transmission oil temp on the big guage, speedo top left and engine oil below. This is for road driving, which is all I do. I find the analogue speedo useless and choice of guages is driven by what most people worry about most of the time - transmission oil temp 1st then engine oil temp 2nd.

Having said all this, I've never come close to the temp thresholds discussed elsewhere above which fluid changes are accelerated - guess I just don't drive it that hard.

I rarely look at all the other stuff, much of which is gimmicky and frankly distracting when you should be looking at the road. Each to his own though - that's the beauty of flexibility!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts