GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Wondering if there are any Nismo owners here that have tuned their car?

Ive owned two GTRs which ive had tuned to 4.25 at Litchfields, and was curious what you guys have done to your Nismo, stage, price , power etc.

Get in touch if you have any info.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Hi guys

Wondering if there are any Nismo owners here that have tuned their car?

Ive owned two GTRs which ive had tuned to 4.25 at Litchfields, and was curious what you guys have done to your Nismo, stage, price , power etc.

Get in touch if you have any info.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie
Hi Jamie, I know many have, including Iain himself, His is now 1100bhp - cant really call it a nismo anymore... it is is name, but it isnt really.... lol

·
Vendor
6,212 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the nismo is engine and box wise the same as a normal gtr just tweaked to like stage one power, the nismo is different in body styling, interior and handling. It's basically a stage one car with different styling inside and out with better handling. The handling is based around the stiffened chassis and suspension set up.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Although there is a premium to by a nismo if you have the money go for it

Is it not better as more money smarter to buy a facelift and spend money on handling , power upgrades and styling mods... would save a packet!
Or not...

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Although there is a premium to by a nismo if you have the money go for it

Is it not better as more money smarter to buy a facelift and spend money on handling , power upgrades and styling mods... would save a packet!
Or not...
Yes...
to put it simply, but you dont get the pizzazz of owning a NISMO...

6 of 1, half a dozen of the other...

·
Registered
94 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the nismo is engine and box wise the same as a normal gtr just tweaked to like stage one power, the nismo is different in body styling, interior and handling. It's basically a stage one car with different styling inside and out with better handling. The handling is based around the stiffened chassis and suspension set up.
Thought the Nismo had different turbos and made over 700bhp with stage 4.25

·
Vendor
6,212 Posts
Thought the Nismo had different turbos and made over 700bhp with stage 4.25
My LM20 made over 701bhp on first pull on Litchfields dyno but then had to be tamed down in order to keep the warranty 700 for a stage 4.25 on stock turbos is easily achievable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that's correct mate, the turbos and fuel pump are beefier on the Nismo too so was wondering the difference between say a stage 4.25 normal gtr and the Nismo with the same mods.

Cheers

Jamie

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
it might, you never know
And they are gorgeous ...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah have to agree with you there, personally I love the look of the GTR (although many don't) and I just think the Nismo looks like a beast.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Are the Nismo Turbos similar to the spec V? If so they are more akin to the stage 4.5 turbo's which can get close to 800bhp with the right supporting mods. That's if the stage 4.5's are the same as they used to be ie billet wheel.

Don't necessarily dismiss the track pack as a starting point if you're going to go modding it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As an outsider coming into the GTR fold soon, how do they warrant the difference in the price between the 2 cars. The actual differences do not seem to add up to anywhere near what they are asking.

Or is it just to own a limited car

Unless your loaded of course...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are the Nismo Turbos similar to the spec V? If so they are more akin to the stage 4.5 turbo's which can get close to 800bhp with the right supporting mods. That's if the stage 4.5's are the same as they used to be ie billet wheel.

Don't necessarily dismiss the track pack as a starting point if you're going to go modding it.
I read that they are similar to the GT3 cars turbos.

·
Registered
151 Posts
As an outsider coming into the GTR fold soon, how do they warrant the difference in the price between the 2 cars. The actual differences do not seem to add up to anywhere near what they are asking.

Or is it just to own a limited car

Unless your loaded of course...
the difference in price between standart and nismo is definitely not warranted in my opinion. Track Edition is a much better proposal albeit it is missing the Nismo body kit.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Ok I shall try to reply with some of the facts.

There are 39 total on road in UK - split between MY15-16 and MY17-19 models. That is obviously properly rare. Far fewer OEM ones I would guess.

Nismo turbos are the same as Spec V and identical to those in GT3 race car (according to the Nismo race team owner who runs them the engine is absolutely identical from factory). They spool up more quickly than stock (2700 over 3200 according to Litchfield back to back run stock Spec V against stock MY14). They are very significantly more tunable than stock and I believe 4.25 is easy 770 BHP - I may stand corrected as may not have recalled my conversation with Iain correctly.

The Nismo has the bonded and welded ‘unibody’ shell which is (insert figure here - I will check) stiffer than stock.

Wider front track and fenders

Nismo wheels
Nismo NR1 Spec tyres
Altered hub fixing points (14 as opposed to 12) as increased lateral load

Nismo suspension and geometry
Wider anti roll bars

Carbon Boot

Carbon Seats

Stiffened bonnet to stop high speed deformation and aero alterations

Alcantara dash, steering wheel and interior head lining

The ‘body kit’ (bizarre way of describing Williams Advanced Engineering designed and made F1 Carbon) delivers an additional 100KG downforce at 186 MPH (handy in Central London)

https://www.williamsf1.com/advanced-engineering/what-we-do/case-studies/nismo

Carbon Aero is full front bumper and splitter, rear spoiler, rear bumper, splitter, rear lower section (I don’t know what else to call it) and sills. Carbon alone is £50k I am informed.

Limited Stealth Grey colour option

Is it worth it? Frankly I don’t care what anyone thinks - I think people are nuts spending the same amount on a build which may blow up and has no resale value whatsoever - but I love that they do and respect them fully for their different type of madness. I absolutely think it is when you look at what actually gone into it and the engineering in the body alone.

I love it (and the Spec V which was even more stupidly priced when on sale but even more rare) and it is a totally different feeling from the standard car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts