GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just driving along minding my own business...Nissan opened two dealerships in Seoul about six months ago, offering such exciting items from their lineup like the Altima and Murano.

But then in the showroom's 3rd floor window - a silver R35!! Quick U-turn and pulled in.

The R32 sure made an entrance, the whole damned sales staff poured out the front doors, gushing over "a REAL Skyline";)

Anyways, got unfettered access to the R35 and really gave it a good sitting-in in the interior.

It's plush and comfy. No test-drive (the cars arrived last week, 31 of them) but they started it up and damned if it isn't silent as hell at idle (no revving of course, and this was indoors)..or maybe my standard for noise has been blown through the window from my R32 ownership (EVERYTHING to me is "quiet as a Lexus", seems like).

No speed limiter, the car is listed as making 485bhp, and NO NAVIGATION! I found the rear seats surprisingly big (relatively speaking) - a whole world less claustrophobic than the G37 coupe.

Definitely a lot more luxury added to the interior than the R34, and seems barely related to my uncouth hooligan R32. It's ridiculously huge, but it's quite spacious inside.

$150,000 including tax and tags, and 3 years/unlimited mileage warranty. They did finally ask why I kept asking about whether the transmission was unconditionally warrantied (they hadn't heard about the transmission failures and I didn't enlighten them about it)...I guess the service department will be finding out anyways, as soon as buyers start using the LC!!

I was mulling over doing an R35 build a couple weeks ago. Frankly, I'm just not an R35 kind of guy. I need loud and raw. I'd take a Lotus over a Veyron...or at least I ought to, if the cars were on loan and I had to decide which car would give me greater driving satisfaction.

Saw a Lotus 2-Eleven today, on that note. Now THAT'S a car! Doesn't even have doors - you've got to hop in Dukes of Hazard style. Helmet or at least 50's era driving goggles definitely required!

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
It's a design of the times

With your 32 we were all wearing neon socks , playing street fighter on the snes & watching the goonies when that was built lol

Lovely car, it's not going to be loud

Though that's what puts me off one it's no rb engine

Do they have orders for 35?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I'm not sure the 35 is the 'grandad's slipper's' member of the skyline family , you think it is.

Even in standard spec, power is brutal, and can be made even better with little effort.

Looks wise, the car is every bit the street-fighter.

E

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no doubt the car is utterly brutal on the road or track, and the AccessPort does make tuning pretty damned easy!

I'm talking more about the interior, where you could actually be comfortable, play the stereo and actually hear it, and/or have a conversation without yelling with your passenger ;)

the car wasn't preordered in Korea - so apparently Nissan Korea's got 31 cars that they are praying hard will sell!! (the hardcore car guys who would have preordered, already have their cars, brought in from Japan a year ago - Koreans are not noted for patience!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts