GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Guide price seems a tad high for 59 plate especially if the service history is not complete(assuming it's not present as not mentioned in particulars) would be a good buy at 27k(edited after reading TazzMaxx post below)

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
I hope that anyone bidding on this realises that it still attracts a 20% buyers premium even if it does not have VAT applied to the hammer price. Could be in for a nasty shock otherwise:(

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i agree but if it stays below 25k its prob a reasonable buy, at 30k ish, remember you can negotiate the buyer premium down if service documents are not complete, i bought an evo last year with no service stamps, as this was not mentioned in the description i negotiated 5% instead of 20%

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I know nothing about these auctions, but you have to pay 20% standard on top of the winning price??

Who gets the 20%? That's a steep commission rate for a day's repo work.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
I know nothing about these auctions, but you have to pay 20% standard on top of the winning price??

Who gets the 20%? That's a steep commission rate for a day's repo work.
On the auction sites I'm registered with for machinery it's typically 15% although they can go to 20% in some instances but then there's VAT on top. Hammer price + BP + VAT. Works out expensive if you don't know what your looking at as a private buyer. BP pays the auctioneers and the hammer price is what the seller gets.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
On that particular auction site, you pay 46% charge on winning bid (online), or 43% charge on winning bid at live auction.
Apparently no other charges involved.

That's robbery.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
On that particular auction site, you pay 46% charge on winning bid (online), or 43% charge on winning bid at live auction.
Apparently no other charges involved.

That's robbery.
So your telling me

47% of 23510 = 11049

Real price stands at £34559 if its 47%

Thats a fair decent price considering. Any higher, not so sure.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
So your telling me

47% of 23510 = 11049

Real price stands at £34559 if its 47%

Thats a fair decent price considering. Any higher, not so sure.

That's right mate.

A very fair price for a car that won't be test driven, nor will the paperwork have been inspected prior to purchase.

The charges are ridiculous.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's right mate.

A very fair price for a car that won't be test driven, nor will the paperwork have been inspected prior to purchase.

The charges are ridiculous.
You would usually be right on the 46% but on this sale it states no vat will be added so should be closer to 26% which makes it more attractive at the current bid.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and the vehicle can be inspected prior to purchase, AA or RAC both do this.

ofc if it turns out to be a pile of shite you lost the inspection fee, but if your interested i think its good advice.

tbh a 27k miles R35 should be in reasonable condition as long as no silly bolt on mods. the vehicle was snatched from the seller so i'd hope they had no oppertunity to remove anything that was fitted.

as Tabz has said these auctions can be a bit hit n miss what with the additional charges, and you have to be aware that the hammer price is not the price you will pay.
we have bought a fair amount of machinery for our buisiness and it works out reasonably profitable as long as you know what your looking for/at and dont get carried away with the bidding.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
You would usually be right on the 46% but on this sale it states no vat will be added so should be closer to 26% which makes it more attractive at the current bid.
Agreed at the current price, it's good value, if its only 26% you pay.

However having spoken to a member of staff today, they claim it was 46% if bidding online.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Auctioneer guide price is £41-£45k. If they're expecting someone to pay that for a 59 and then 46% on top that's a tad unrealistic!

I had a check back at the warning thread posted by [email protected] as there was a black GT-R whose 'owner' had screwed a couple of tuners (AutoTorque and SVM if I remember correctly but possibly some more as well) and I wanted to see if this was that car. The plate is different (GJ59 NXF) but I know they were unsure if this was cloned or not. I'd like to be certain that this isn't the same car as 1) it was apparently not in a particularly good condition, & 2) there were several parts fitted that it is possible that the tuners would have right to receive back in payment of the fraud committed.

If anyone is considering this car, it may be worth trying to determine exactly the history of the car in case it is the one above.

·
Registered
67 Posts
these sales are great
the private buyers bid away without taking the commission into account,especially when the guide price advertised is ridiculous.
don't be surprised if it makes a fortune then is up for sale the next week when the winning bidder sees he can go and buy one from Nissan several grand cheaper.
say it goes for £40k which the guy thinks its cheap because the guide is £41-45k
plus 26% if they are lucky.that comes to £50400.not such a bargin then.
they get the total ,look at the classifieds then run to the toilet to be rather sick.
I could be wrong but lets see what it makes

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
Fellas, the 20% Tax is only applicable on VAT qualifying goods. So on a pre owned (privately) car its buyers premium (20%) plus online fee's etc.

Just to Clarify matters further if an item is VAT applicable and the buyer is VAT registered then the 20% VAT is reclaimable.

·
R35 Section manager
11,253 Posts
With a 26% charge extra that car is not a bad price as Vat wont apply

·
Registered
166 Posts
he might join the forum
sounded cheap at £32010
then the boot in the groin 27.6 percent on top
which made it £40844.76

no warranty