GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im currently looking at r35s and it appears the prices for an my09 car in 2012 were 35k - 40k, which is about what the prices are now 2 years later !

whats caused the prices to do that ? are the newer models a lot more expensive than they were in 2009 and keeping the older cars prices up ?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
They must be very low mileage for that sort of money. But yeah the newer cars being more money when new.

And I wouldnt be surprised if things like the aftermarket warranties and the easy of making the older cars as good if not better than new ones has helped.

From reading on here an 09 for 40K would have to be in amazing condition.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Yes, prices have not moved much at all in the last two years.

I bought my MY11 in April 2012 and prices of the pre-facelift cars were almost where they are now.

Newer versions have got more expensive and the number sold have reduced, which has helped prices stay firm.
Not to mention the R35 has a serious amount of aftermarket gear available to boost performance past new versions relatively easily.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, prices have not moved much at all in the last two years.

I bought my MY11 in April 2012 and prices of the pre-facelift cars were almost where they are now.

Newer versions have got more expensive and the number sold have reduced, which has helped prices stay firm.
Not to mention the R35 has a serious amount of aftermarket gear available to boost performance past new versions relatively easily.

its a little worrying as im looking to buy one that the prices must very soon be due a big tumble surely ?

·
Premium Member
8,086 Posts
Do a search on that aswell :p lol
And nope I don't think they will drop, I wish I got the stage 4 one I saw 2 summers back, would have been worth more than how much I would have paid for it now!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Cant see it happening.

R34 GTRs have been in the 20k bracket for a good few years. I cant see the GTR going that low for years. It to much car for that. And its not like they are unreliable and have a bad rep which would know the price down

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why do you think the prices are about to tumble? Can't see any impetus for this to happen.

just because they have levelled out for 2 years on a car that is only 5 years old now, so no depreciation from 3-5 years age.

I have seen from the forum you've had quite a few r35s, I don't suppose you know roughly what the new prices have been from 09 to current 14 cars do you ?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
its a little worrying as im looking to buy one that the prices must very soon be due a big tumble surely ?
I don't see how they can tumble personally.

The R35 has a big following, it's still a lot of performance for the money and I can't see it hitting £20-25k for a long while as what else can you buy for that figure that gives the performance the R35 does?

Even if you get a good one for £35-40k it's not likely to lose more than £5k a year, probably less.
I can't think of where you can find such a high performance car that loses less than £100 per week.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cant see it happening.

R34 GTRs have been in the 20k bracket for a good few years. I cant see the GTR going that low for years. It to much car for that. And its not like they are unreliable and have a bad rep which would know the price down

very true if they hold value like the r34s do

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
just because they have levelled out for 2 years on a car that is only 5 years old now, so no depreciation from 3-5 years age.

I have seen from the forum you've had quite a few r35s, I don't suppose you know roughly what the new prices have been from 09 to current 14 cars do you ?
roughly...........

my09 from £52k base car, premium £53.5k black edition £55k
my10 from £62,000
my11 from £68.500 - £73,000 with extra's
my12 from £74,500
my13 from £76,610
my14 from £77,995

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm having the same dilemna at the moment. There are a few out there between the 35-40k mark that shouldnt be. Which is making it more difficult to spot the good ones from the dodgy ones. For example there is one for sale with possible gearbox issues at 37k, which is ridiculous. There is an 09 plate 3 owners and 30k+ miles at 40k too. Again some traders are artificially rising the prices. The good ones come and go quickly. I have seen a few great 09 versions at 35k with approx 30k miles on the clock.

Happy hunting!! :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not that I am selling but purely as a matter of interest.

What would I expect to get for mine IF I was to sell tomorrow.

Registered Nov 2009 MY10.
Sat Nav, heated seats etc etc
18,000 miles
Im the 2nd owner. 1st was a lady I believe going by the private plate on it.
Full Middlehurst service history
stage 1 Middlehurst with Y Pipe as well as all bellhousing/steering lock recalls done.
Very good condition.

Just curious as to how much I have lost in 2 years of ownership. Car was standard when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
350Zeds were cheap as chips when I traded mine in last September. Now you'd struggle to find an 05 for under £8k.

I put it down to George's booming economy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts

18,000 miles
stage 1 Middlehurst with Y Pipe as well as all bellhousing/steering lock recalls done.
Very good condition.

Just curious as to how much I have lost in 2 years of ownership. Car was standard when I bought it.
I am in no way an expert but I have been monitoring the market for the past 4 months.
Have you got full service history from a reputable garage or NHPC?
As long as it has been very well looked after I would say depending on colour and condition you have a range of 38000 and 43000.

43000 would usually be a price set aside for a fanatically kept GTR in white :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am in no way an expert but I have been monitoring the market for the past 4 months.
Have you got full service history from a reputable garage or NHPC?
As long as it has been very well looked after I would say depending on colour and condition you have a range of 38000 and 43000.

43000 would usually be a price set aside for a fanatically kept GTR in white :)
WHITE ?

Attachments

·
R35 Section manager
10,918 Posts

18,000 miles
Very good condition.

£41-43k easy

1 - 20 of 76 Posts