GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pic of show winning car before and after the devistation after a 10 min journey. Impact from rear 50/55mph - my speed 20mph = total mph 70/75mph.
These were the words i put up on my page :

Thanks to the careless driver who rammed me and my son today - Thankfully we are both walking away from this - she's a right off! twisted chasis and rear pushed to back seats - He was charged with careless driving & 3 pts on the spot after witnessess testified the truth about the accident - Thankyou to those people who did the right thing and spoke the truth- Humanity does exist - Excellent service from the paramedics, first aid team and also the police who assisted in recovery of my car and speedy tie up of the whole saga.Never want to experience this again.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Car can be replaced. People cannot.
Glad you're safe.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
You should have had my 3rd flashing brake light installed, then may be the twat that hit you may have seen you before he hit you, glad your all ok though.

Bobby

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Glad you are safe, the car did its thing which was good, sorry to see such a nice car in such a state! Am glad the wreckless driver got done for wreckless driving and he should have been done for speeding at 75mph and glad people didn't just wash their hands of what they had witnessed and drove off!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys for your messages - just wanted to let people know it can happen to any of us

Cannot see how you cannea see these 4 way lights as pictured - point taken about the 3rd light but would that have saved the day ..maybe?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks Guys for your messages - just wanted to let people know it can happen to any of us

Cannot see how you cannea see these 4 way lights as pictured - point taken about the 3rd light but would that have saved the day ..maybe?
If he didn't see something six feet wide and four feet tall with four huge red lights on the back, another red light isn't likely to have made any difference :(

Sad to see this after all the work you've put into it, Andy. Really glad you and your son are OK, but the guy that rammed you got off lightly, imho. That's more than just careless :(

·
Registered
888 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Glad you are both OK thats the main thing!

Was your car modded, given its a right off will the twats insurance pay for the car plus the value of the mods?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I'm a little confused, if you were travelling at 20mph and he was travelling at 50-55, surely that's only a 35mph crash as you were both travelling in the same direction?

Glad you and your son are ok.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hard luck Devilsguard, like you say it can happen to anyone if you cross paths with a moron, main thing is you're all ok.

Always curious about incidents like this though, if you don't mind can you say what the other car was, and age and sex of the driver, and what you think was the likely reason for not seeing you, i.e. they were texting or something?

·
R35 Section manager
11,357 Posts
Truly gutted for you mate but pleased you are both ok. Was the other car trying to catch you up after spotting you from further back?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.