GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering about rear seat room in an r35.
do they have any more than a mkiv supra ?

we used to manage with the supra just but im only 5ft 8" so can have my seat well forward no problems lol

does anyone have a pic of 4 up in a gtr ? is it realistically doable 1 adult 1 child front, 1 adult 1 child back ?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Yes, you can get two children in the back as long as you are not tall.
If you are it gets a bit tricky as the seat squabs are long and the hole for the legs vanishes.

I still can't believe due to the gearbox/seat design there is less legroom than in an R32 (smallest of the 4wd GT-Rs).

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Personally found the rear seats useless, with very tight access getting in and poor leg room for passengers.
I put my kids in the back once (10 and 9 years of age) both found it difficult getting in and out and both found it to be cramped.

I'm 5'10 and like to extend my legs and drive, so no chance of a passenger behind me, regardless of age or size

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I am lookingat this at the moment. I tested a car recently and took the opportunity to sit in the back myself with the front seat in a reasonable position.

I agree it,s a fiddle getting in and out but not a show stopper (unless the people getting the back are immobile). I would also agree for people 6ft + the head room was not plentiful and your head is actually in the rear window.

These things I am ok with. What does worry me a little is how a car seat will fit in the back. I tried myone for a 6 year old and not only was it a bastid to get in the car it didnt seem to fit very well.

My hope lies in the recaro seat a few have suggested as being suitable and that this will fit in the space ok.

Richard, did you run those seats and if so, was that in the back?

·
Registered
785 Posts
The Jane child seat we had used to fit great. Iso Fix too. Still have it in very good condition if anyone needs it.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Richard, did you run those seats and if so, was that in the back?
My four month old goes in a rear facing seat in the back, along with my wife.
My (almost) five year old sits in the front in his car seat.

I bought a Ford Fiesta ST for zipping in and out of work last week, which is also a three door, and we couldn't believe today how much more space it has in the back and how much easier it is to get in and out.

I certainly would only consider the rear seats for occassional use only, it's all a bit of a faff.
Especially as there is no quick release like every other three door car, so you have to manually crank the seat forward with the electric adjustment. (takes a while!)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My (almost) five year old sits in the front in his car seat.

I bought a Ford Fiesta ST for zipping in and out of work last week, which is also a three door, and we couldn't believe today how much more space it has in the back and how much easier it is to get in and out.

I certainly would only consider the rear seats for occassional use only, it's all a bit of a faff.
Especially as there is no quick release like every other three door car, so you have to manually crank the seat forward with the electric adjustment. (takes a while!)
are you serious ? theres no release to throw the seat forward in one go ?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I think the early cars may have had it, but not sure.
I seem to remember a button on my MY10.
I know my MY11 and MY14 didn't.

I know, it's a bit of a joke.

...waits for someone else to clarify...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Personally found the rear seats useless, with very tight access getting in and poor leg room for passengers.
I put my kids in the back once (10 and 9 years of age) both found it difficult getting in and out and both found it to be cramped.

I'm 5'10 and like to extend my legs and drive, so no chance of a passenger behind me, regardless of age or size
I agree - other than small kids the rear seats are cosmetic only.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Children and small slim adults are fine in the back, anyone bigger will struggle.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Can anyone else confirm the ability to move the rear seats forward without doing it via the electrical adjuster?

I've got a feeling the pre-MY11 cars had this feature on the passenger side seat only.

From MY11 onwards it's missing.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Can anyone else confirm the ability to move the rear seats forward without doing it via the electrical adjuster?

I've got a feeling the pre-MY11 cars had this feature on the passenger side seat only.

From MY11 onwards it's missing.
I know our my10 had it but it's not on the my11 I have now, is this do to the recaros?

·
R35 Section manager
11,252 Posts
Its bigger than the Supra mate but its not huge. Ok for children or small adults on a short journey.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Seriously - your wife and 4 month old share a car seat???

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Seriously - your wife and 4 month old share a car seat???
You know what I mean. :p

I know our my10 had it but it's not on the my11 I have now, is this do to the recaros?
I don't think so, my MY11 had premium seats and the quick release button was missing from the passenger seat.
Seems the quick release seat on one side was removed.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I looked at an my10 premium and it had a mechanical quick release which letthe seat pivot forward and also an electric button on the other side so the rear passenger could move the entire seat further forward.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I looked at an my10 premium and it had a mechanical quick release which letthe seat pivot forward and also an electric button on the other side so the rear passenger could move the entire seat further forward.
Yep, that's what mine also has, and mine's a 2010 Black Edition. I have a car seat in the back for the little un and it fits fine. It's a pain getting her in and out of it, but it's a pain in any three door car. It was worse when she was in the 'group 0' seat and the seat had to go in and out as well as her, and only just fitted through the gap...

I can't imagine an adult who isn't a midget being comfortable back there - I have the driver's seat pretty much touching the rear seat, so nobody could sit behind that one in any case!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts