GTR Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Vendor
3,185 Posts
I always thought the corrosion was caused by the bottom of the mirror rubbing against the door, but I saw one disassembled the other day and it may be caused by the wiring loom rubbing the edge of the paintwork where’s it passes through the hole to go down into the door as this door was showing no visible sigh of corrosion when built up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Folks,

Can anyone confirm the root cause of this issue? and what the DBA+ cars have which prevent it (if they even do) ?

Been to look at 4 CBA and they all either had the issue before, or have it currently, some quite badly!

·
Vendor
3,185 Posts
Cba/dba suffer from it and I bet when WBA’s get a little older, they will too.

The base rubbers are’nt great as they let the mirror touch the door and also the wiring rubbs the paint where it passes through the door.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Recently purchased a 2010 R35 GTR and noticed I have the common rust bubble forming near the mirror.

What is the best way to claim against the 12-year anti corrosion warranty and get this rightly fixed by Nissan?

I took the car to my local dealer Westover Nissan today and they were less than helpful, used every excuse in the book to fob me off - said it wasn't a dealer problem, it would come under the 3-year paint warranty (now expired) not 12-year warranty, it wasn't corrosion - etc etc. Only thing they did was give me the Nissan Customer Service number (01923 899334) to get rid of me.

What are the next steps everyone recommends? I haven't called Nissan yet as I want some advice from other owners who have had this same issue and managed to get results.
Hiya Stuart Gold arranges the warranty claim and carries out the works. He is officially approved by Nissan. He is the man to go to. You have to take your car to him in Croydon. But people travel a long way to get the work done by him.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts