GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else feel like this?
Because its not my every day car, i just use it for fun. Cant stop nipping out for half an hour here and there, been out twice today and on both occasions got upto silly speeds 70ish:chuckle: twice, but its sooo stable that you dont realise what figures your doing until you glance down at the speedo. Which got me thinking that if i keep nipping out and having a blast my license could be in jeopardy. Dont get me wrong i choose the right roads at the right time, ive even got to getting up at 6 on a sunday morning and going for a drive ( well actually due to 12 month old baby im up anyway ) so its either dirty nappies or an hour in the car !
Plus ive had so many people with a 'take me for a spin request' and still coming, and you always tend to push it a tad harder then when your on your own. Infact one guy was so impressed, hell be joining the fold next Feb as he went to Middlehursts and placed an order for a titanium B.E yesterday, Wonder if i'll get any commission !!!

Anyway, if Charles.C is reading this, as your the man :bowdown1:, would you consider helping me fit the parking sensors, i think they are a must have, i'll make it worth your while. I really am hopeless at anything like this, im the sort of person that breaks the trim clips before i even get to any wiring.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
:thumbsup: Indeed!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Anyway, if Charles.C is reading this, as your the man :bowdown1:, would you consider helping me fit the parking sensors, i think they are a must have, i'll make it worth your while. I really am hopeless at anything like this, im the sort of person that breaks the trim clips before i even get to any wiring.
My offer to fit "parking sensors" is always open.

Just make sure you get a 12v acc fitted by an auto sparky to the drivers footwell before we start!

Then drop me a PM and be willing to drive up to Liverpool!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My offer to fit "parking sensors" is always open.

Just make sure you get a 12v acc fitted by an auto sparky to the drivers footwell before we start!

Then drop me a PM and be willing to drive up to Liverpool!
Many thanks C.C, please excuse my ignorance, a 12v acc????

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
im assuming a 12v plug like a second cigarette lighter etc to power up the system

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
How about a legal gps based speed camera detector (if you dont have one already)? I have a snooper that is both a speedcamera detector/navigation system that has saved my bacon on several occassions.

However one thing you cant predict is the traditional yet rare "traffic cop in a car" scenario!

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Many thanks C.C, please excuse my ignorance, a 12v acc????
Sorry buddy, I mean an ignition switched 12v supply.

Basically you need a wire run into the driver's footwell which supplies 12v when the ignition is turned on. Get one fitted by an auto sparky and have him leave it coiled up on the right or the left of the driver's footwell.

I can easily find a Ground point, but the 12v is a touch harder and adds time to the install.

With that in place, I can have either a 4 head or a 2 head LI installed in a matter of an hour or so, dependent on weather!

I have installed Laser Pro Park etc before, but the LI is better and easier to install stealthily.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Around £700 for a quad head system.

Not cheap compared with others, but how much is your licence worth?

Having tested a fair number of jammers on the market, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't have anything else on my car.

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Sorry, LI is Laser Interceptor....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine is an every day driver and suffer the same ! The more you drive the car the more comfortable you become with the speed !! Wife keeps telling me to slow down but seems so slow . Must get laser detector as this is deff a licence shredder. Any idea on price of the on that blocks as well as detects ?

Steve

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Laser detector is a waste of time.

Laser exhibits very little scatter compared to radar so when you get lit up by an officer, all your detector will do is tell you you've been nicked. You would be very lucky to detect scatter from laser hitting a car in front, if at all.

Any decent jammer obviously detects laser and does give a warning in the car's interior.

Personally, get a decent GPS unit for fixed sites, and a jammer system to protect from the mobile/traffic police traps.

Radar is used so rarely in the UK that a detector is somewhat pointless.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi dont shoot me down here if om wrong but the laser-interceptor.co.uk site says theyve gone out of business, i am desperate to sort a good set out front and back...

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Hi dont shoot me down here if om wrong but the laser-interceptor.co.uk site says theyve gone out of business, i am desperate to sort a good set out front and back...
The UK distributor was sacked for dodgy practices so is grinding some axes....

UK sales are handled by several different suppliers here in the EU and the US.

The original LI site is Welcome to the Frontpage

Dont believe everything to read on the internet....... ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi id seen the US site but its not the best so was a bit unsure, have you ever looked at the laser star setup?

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Laser Star.... dont get me started!

A knock off of an old version of the original Antilaser.

Check out Radar Detector Jammer Forum for lots of info on Laser Star's manufacturer, the "Goons" who virally market his products, and the generally poor performance of that unit.

I wont get into details on this site as it would not be fair to the admins here to air dirty laundry, but do a little digging at the forum above for plenty of informed opinion about the Laser Star and the guy behind it.

This kind of gear is a little hobby of mine and sadly the laser jammer industry is plagued with quite horrendous BS, lies and downright skullduggery.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi looks like this is a right mine field as this site laserjammertests.com/ is saying Li being sued by Blinder, i think im going to have to go with personel recomendations as most sites seem to BS one way or the other...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts