GTR Forum banner

R35 steering locks

531 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TurboFreak 
#1 ·
My 2009 R35 has just experienced the dreaded steering lock fail, car had to be towed.

Lock was removed and fixed, fully tested and working fine now, but as a precaution the lock fuse was removed.

It obviously never had the re-call as it is the early metal lock, not the later plastic cased type.

Can anyone confirm the cost of getting a used later type re-programmed by Nissan so it will work in my car?

#3 ·
Well my nearest Nissan GTR garage is based in Tunbridge Wells, spoke with manager today.

He refused to clear and re-set the secondhand steering lock as "they hadn't sold the car" ..... wtf?

Great customer service, about as much help as my local Nissan dealer who refused to even give me part number and price for a new lock, they had the information but weren't a R35 GTR dealer.

Tunbridge Wells manager was happy to give me a price of £670 to fit a new one... yeah right.

I have fixed the problem and sending the used one back to seller (ebay).

Maybe other GTR dealers would be more helpful, but you need to check it out prior to buying a used steering lock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.