GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new here, I bought a 2009 R35 two weeks ago, my mechanic got it up in the air to check it and the transmission sump is corroded looks like oil is seeping from that & or the output seal. The [email protected]$tard who sold it to me obviously knew this and didn’t mention! I Will add two pics. anyway he will do a full service on there afterwards once the seal, gasket and sump pan turn up. When he has the sump pan replaced how much oil am I going to need? I saw transmission oil change was around 7.7L and then I just read 11L can anyone help me? As I ordered 8L prior to knowing about the pan leak. Sorry if I posted on the wrong place I am a newbi but it’s an honour to be part of the gtr club!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Id be more worried about whats been done in the trans and why its been sealed like that, looks like a 5 year old has iced a cake, you will prob find it will take 8-9 ltrs unless you have removed the sump, then it will need pretty much 10, if the clutches etc have been changed and front off then a dry box is roughly 11 ltrs but you might have a litre of sealer in there:eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aha thank you! I will get another bottle just to be safe, yea we did both wonder that today when we had it up, will look through the papers tonight to see if I can see what’s been done.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it looked fairly corroded the pan but didn’t know if it managed to seep through? So ordered gasket and pan from Nissan, only other thing was if the seal from the shaft was leaking and when driving it shifted the oil onto the pan? I bought both and will change both so Hopefuly after that will be back to normal :s

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
How much was pan, you could have got a billet from Litchfield pretty cheap
Ive seen a few people give stock ones away.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Im trying to figure if thatsv 2 different colour sealants on the rear midplate then why? Can only conclude the green is the original used and the red is because the green is leaking, thats if they are both a sealer the red looks almost like rubber grease.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Are you guys sure the red stuff is also sealant? Looks almost "wet" in the picture.
Hope all looks OK when you drop the oilpan.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Are you guys sure the red stuff is also sealant? Looks almost "wet" in the picture.
Hope all looks OK when you drop the oilpan.
The only thing I can think looks like that is rubber grease, the only other thing is automatic gearbox oil like Dexron, please dont tell me its got Dexron in it, I just wonder at the guys skill or commitment who would send a trans back like that, its so easy to have it neat even if using RTV type stuff, I hate RTV in trans, silicone worms all inside blocking stuff up, ive always used an anaerobic sealer that only goes off under pressure

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes i think both the red and green are sealants,the red looks like Loctite 574 and the green Curil T. The colours match and the consistency. I`ve used both and they are very good if applied properly. OEM is black if i`m correct.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yes i think both the red and green are sealants,the red looks like Loctite 574 and the green Curil T. The colours match and the consistency. I`ve used both and they are very good if applied properly. OEM is black if i`m correct.
OEM on trans is clear Nissan do not use RTV on transmissions

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
this is an unopened trans mounting faces, sealant is almost like a resin, i know some people who dont seal the nose and have no leaks, those faces are as removed, not even wiped over.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes i can see the marks left on the one face from the milling machine, make it a little easier to seal the split line. Is there a torque sequence for the bolts?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I always just nip the bolts up in a circle then tighten in a logical pattern to make sure it pulls on squarely, important though that when moving the trans it has transit bolts to stop the inner face of the plate separating from the outer of the trans (rear)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I looked through all the history, the only thing recently is it had the prop shaft replaced and something done to the bell-housing. I bought the sump gasket from Nissan for £60 and the sump pan for £200 online, I’m now after the line filter and the pan filter in the trans

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I looked through all the history, the only thing recently is it had the prop shaft replaced and something done to the bell-housing. I bought the sump gasket from Nissan for £60 and the sump pan for £200 online, I’m now after the line filter and the pan filter in the trans
Litchfield are only people I know will have those

1 - 20 of 99 Posts