GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am no expert or mechanic when it comes to carz so had a few questions if people dont mind helping?↲
I am interested in doing the 30-130 run day but wondered what this kinda damage does it do 2 the car? Does accelerating as hard as it can and doing top speed damage it? Would it realy be gd 4 the car doing 190mph? Also what have r35 ownerz had out of there carz top speed wise, wil they realy do 193mph out the show room.↲
I would love 2 do 190mph+ but i dont want 2 break my car its my pride and joy.↲
Any advise or info i am keen 2 kno, thanx↲
James

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hi James,

I can't see it doing the car any harm so long as you keep an eye on temps and pressures. You could maybe pick up some BP102 fuel as this will offer a degree of protection I think though you'll just have a great day.

The Top speed is only part of the data logged stats, the 30-130 is also timed by GPS data logging and as this doesn't involve a hard launch it's an ideal event for the 35 with no worries.

SMIKEE will be there in his '35 so you'll be in good company. Just take the first few passes easy and see how the car likes it, that's what I'll be doing and there will be no pressure. From what I've seen 12 second quarter passes are pretty effortless for the R35, so from 30-130 you'd be in the top few places straight away.

It also looks like Ludders will be there with the RIPS DragR R34GTR (1100bhp) and so Gary Passingham of GTaRt will probably also be there looking after Jeff and myself. It's reassuring to know we will have a tuner on hand in case you need any advice on the day.

Malc

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Dont think any airfield is long enough that a stock GTR will do 193 mph topspeed......simply as it isnt running 193mph in stock condition,if youre lucky its going real 185mph.....GPS measured,not from the cars cheating speedo:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi James,

I can't see it doing the car any harm so long as you keep an eye on temps and pressures. You could maybe pick up some BP102 fuel as this will offer a degree of protection I think though you'll just have a great day.

The Top speed is only part of the data logged stats, the 30-130 is also timed by GPS data logging and as this doesn't involve a hard launch it's an ideal event for the 35 with no worries.

SMIKEE will be there in his '35 so you'll be in good company. Just take the first few passes easy and see how the car likes it, that's what I'll be doing and there will be no pressure. From what I've seen 12 second quarter passes are pretty effortless for the R35, so from 30-130 you'd be in the top few places straight away.

It also looks like Ludders will be there with the RIPS DragR R34GTR (1100bhp) and so Gary Passingham of GTaRt will probably also be there looking after Jeff and myself. It's reassuring to know we will have a tuner on hand in case you need any advice on the day.

Malc
Hi James,

You really must come along as its a first for me too and we can share the experience together.

Whatever happens i am sure it will be great fun on the day just to meet all the other enthusiasts!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've had 193 out of it :) I know this as it was verified by one of those signs that tells you your speed in a 30 zone.

Best place to try it out imo.

·
Registered
198 Posts
from 0 to 130 up to 6th you dont really looked down but the car keeps going till 170 smoothly. Ive got it to just under 180 but some roads are abit too bumpy. Ive been driving the car on the Mways for all my 6000 miles and its always just keeps going. Youll never damage it and if you ever did you you have not had any mods done, the 3 years, 60000 mile warranty will easily cover it.:smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts