GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
This is a good video and its good to see a professionally shot review on the TE as there is very little on the tube about it.

I was thinking of starting a thread on the TE to try and understand more about the differences to the standard car, especially the later cars' turbos and suspension. The TE is said to have the same Bilstein suspension setup as the Nismo but doesn't ride as harshly (I've read) so I would be interested to know where the differences lie if the hardware is apparently the same.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I think top gear stated when it first came out it was not a better car if most of your driving is on the road, due to it being less comfortable, etc but I guess there are things like changing the tyres to make it more comfortable.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I've had four base variants R35s since 2009 and these have each felt slightly more comfortable than the previous. And now my 2021 TE in comfort mode is better than my premium 2015.
I think you may find TEs have had variations of spec and settings just like the base models so its important to say which one you have experienced and/or are commenting on.

·
Registered
311 Posts
My19 recaro to a my20 TE….the TE is so much sharper and stiffer…and it goes without saying it’s less comfortable in comparison. Both cars with recaro seats and both with oem Dunlop rf’s.

·
Registered
27,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Il throw my 2p in

most older cars don’t have the maintence so bushings etc are knackered If you from an older car

I like moving away from stock in a way but I just hope this last batch is not totally mashed up with the usual path of tuning

·
Registered
316 Posts
Totally bored - now is a good time to get it sold then Matty, Bayside cars are thin on the ground. None on AT.

I don't know if I need a Y pipe but I can always have it swapped with the stock pipe, will live with it and decide. I wasn't aware the Ti exhaust did much to change the exhaust note.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The y pipe on the my20 made a massive difference to the sound tbh? Mine is lightly modified…but…if I’d bought one of the last TE to be made/sold, then I would’ve kept it standard too😎👍🏻

·
Registered
316 Posts
Are you saying the Y pipe did make a massive difference Macca, or asking for advice on whether it did? I have no first-hand experience of this so thought I would try it as it's no biggie to change back to standard.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Are you saying the Y pipe did make a massive difference Macca, or asking for advice on whether it did? I have no first-hand experience of this so thought I would try it as it's no biggie to change back to standard.
Yes, I thought it sounded much better once the y pipe went on…mine is a Russ fellows non res? I also waited until after optimising and then had remap, injectors and sd sensor fitted, so it’s 660bhp and 625lbs/ft torque. As I’ve said…very happy with where it’s at, but if it was one of the last ones then I’d keep it stock bar fitting the y pipe😎👍🏻

1 - 20 of 22 Posts