GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2017 R35 and wondered about recommended front and rear tyre manufacturers and best places to buy in the UK.

Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow! Do you need two or four? If two get ones to match the other pair - its 4wd and must be confusing the hell out of traction control. If you need four then you have a wider selection to choose from and I'm sure others will be along with suggestions....

Personally I now always use the Dunlops. They were developed for, and with, the car, and have been updated as the car has evolved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
R35 Section manager
11,169 Posts
Worth changing the 4 and starting again as having them mixed isnt a good idea.

I would do some research on the forum on Cup2's . Runflats will be fine in the dry if that's all you want to use the car in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Worth changing the 4 and starting again as having them mixed isnt a good idea.

I would do some research on the forum on Cup2's . Runflats will be fine in the dry if that's all you want to use the car in.
Thanks. So, the CUPs on Costco here come in about £100 more expensive - which is a fairly heafty increase:

·
R35 Section manager
11,169 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
£263 here. Couldn't see the Costco price?

Most tyre bays will fit them for £5-10 a tyre
That's a much better price. Crazy why Costco ones are £100 more expensive - especially for exactly the same tyre.

·
Vendor
3,201 Posts
Costco had a £100 voucher last time I was in the Sheffield branch on mp4s or even across the range.

I guess that discount comes from the manufacturer to revive sales and turn stock around to keep production dates Inline with manufacturing.

·
R35 Section manager
11,169 Posts
That's a much better price. Crazy why Costco ones are £100 more expensive - especially for exactly the same tyre.
Pleased to be of service.
Worth a quick Google search to see if you can beat it though

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have 2 x Dunlops (1/2 worn) for the rears if wanted to switch out the Bridgestones and at least have 4 the same until you can decide/fork out on 4 new.
They are in the for sale section (£100 collected for the pair).

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Try Asda tyres too, I've found them to be the best price recently, and tyres are sent straight to your chosen fitter.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have 2 x Dunlops (1/2 worn) for the rears if wanted to switch out the Bridgestones and at least have 4 the same until you can decide/fork out on 4 new.
They are in the for sale section (£100 collected for the pair).
The above is a good initial shout.

Then go Mitchelin 305/265 MP4S strengths: will last twice as long, cheaper, way better in the rain, more comfortable ride. The dunlop run flats have less soft feel e.g. more pointy, less bouncy (note MIchelins are fine) and runflat capability. I changed from Dunlop and wouldn't go back from Michelins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So you go for slightly bigger tyres than the stock of 285 (R) and 255 (F)?

·
Registered
50 Posts

Then go Mitchelin 305/265 MP4S strengths: will last twice as long, cheaper, way better in the rain, more comfortable ride. The dunlop run flats have less soft feel e.g. more pointy, less bouncy (note MIchelins are fine) and runflat capability. I changed from Dunlop and wouldn't go back from Michelins.
:) its why I had my run flats for sale ! - went to michelins - wouldn't look back now for fast road use, and yes go for the bigger sizes, and make sure you get the N0 rated tyres (they have a stiffer sidewall).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah. To be honest, I know very little about tyres. So, no issues with having bigger tyres than stock sizes? Wouldn't affect traction control or anything like that?

Oh yeah and it turns out that I have 4 x Bridgestones one there at the moment after all :D.

·
Registered
298 Posts

The dunlop run flats have less soft feel e.g. more pointy, less bouncy (note MIchelins are fine) and runflat capability.

See, I find the Michelins too bouncy and I'm looking at going back to the runflats- even confirmed with Dunlop that OE sizes will fit on 10J and 11J wheels. And that's with the N0 spec MPS4S that allegedly have a stiffer sidewall.

What pressure are you running in your MPS4S to stop them feeling like a bouncy castle?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts