GTR Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ah. To be honest, I know very little about tyres. So, no issues with having bigger tyres than stock sizes? Wouldn't affect traction control or anything like that?

Oh yeah and it turns out that I have 4 x Bridgestones one there at the moment after all :D.
I always use toyos r888 but if I were to change I would only give a try to the MPS Cup 2 .
I run 285 Fronta 315 rears

·
Registered
105 Posts
See, I find the Michelins too bouncy and I'm looking at going back to the runflats- even confirmed with Dunlop that OE sizes will fit on 10J and 11J wheels. And that's with the N0 spec MPS4S that allegedly have a stiffer sidewall.

What pressure are you running in your MPS4S to stop them feeling like a bouncy castle?
I agree 100%, just changed from MPS4S back to Dunlop's at the weekend and am more than happy.
I like the turn in on the Dunlops too, the stiffer sidewall seems to give much more precise feedback.

Found it hard to get used to the bounce on the Michelins, I ran 33 F / 34 R on the 4S and now I run 29psi on the Dunny's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OK, so I need to buy the tyres shortly. Looks like people are recommending Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. On the camskill.co.uk website, looks like there's a couple and I'm not sure of the differences:

and:

Also, others were recommending 305 (R) and 265 (F) with N0 ratings. I don't see the N0 rating on the MP4S?

I see that Michelin are also offering £100 off when purchasing over the Spring, so looks like a good time to buy overall?

·
Vendor
3,188 Posts
I guess with lock down and stuff there stock that has’nt moved too quickly over the last 18 months, so I reckon a good look around the suppliers could net a decent deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK, so I need to buy the tyres shortly. Looks like people are recommending Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. On the camskill.co.uk website, looks like there's a couple and I'm not sure of the differences:

and:

Also, others were recommending 305 (R) and 265 (F) with N0 ratings. I don't see the N0 rating on the MP4S?

I see that Michelin are also offering £100 off when purchasing over the Spring, so looks like a good time to buy overall?

The N0 are Porsche approved - if you look under the Porsche OE section in the MP4S in 305 and 265 you will find a Porsche option - these are the ones I fitted to mine, I find the ride much better than the Dunlops, which even though they had over 4mm on all 4 tyres, they would tramline very badly. Appreciate my MP4S's are new, but I was never disappointed on previous cars where I had replaced the OE runflats.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I've fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4S all round with 34psi and so much smoother on the road than Run Flats. As don't track the beast, it serves my comfort and saved ££££ using Blackcircles as fantastic all inclusive deals. Just remember when replacing:

1. Do not change the wheel position from hub to hub (TPMS) is in each corner.
2. Tyre pressures 2.1 bar with an initial inflation of 4 bar to seat tyres knurling
3. Wheel nut torque 147nm (Race spec)
4. Nitrogen advised

Some fitters don't have facility for low ramp so check with them first before booking. Some ATS have issues, but I've always used Formula One Autocentres Fareham and Karl is amazing.

Michelin also look superb.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are these on te37's? I'm running the exact same, not too happy with them, but this maybe be because of 20inch wheels
My wheels are 10 inch at front 12 inch rears using R888R now .
I find they are good for two fast laps then they loose grip once they are hot as I usually do my fastest lap on ny 2nd lap.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts