GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 360 of 368 Posts
Hopefully you will have to update again after weekend if I get a run, as a matter of interest if the time was say 10.443 would it go down as a 10.43 or a 10.411 as a 10.3?

Like I said hopefully new time for you weekend

Hopefully you will have to update again after weekend if I get a run, as a matter of interest if the time was say 10.443 would it go down as a 10.43 or a 10.411 as a 10.3?
Did you not study maths at school?

It would be 10.44

3 is less than 5 so the preceding digit stays where it is.

If it were 5 or more it would climb to the number above.

10.444>10.44

10.445>10.45

Ok hypothetically someone kidnaps Admantium and ties him to the timing towers at the pod with a loaded gun to his head connected to the timer!!!!

The Kidnapper says if that car runs a 9 your safe it it runs a 10 or higher the gun goes off, car runs 9.999 .................are we looking for new Admin or does he make it?

two things.

first off - I am not admin, so you could look for new admin to your heart's content but it would be independent of my potential demise.

second - a 9 second car is a car that runs a time in the 9 second to 10 second range, no one has said the number of decimal places, so you can argue that subject to the limitations of the timing equipment you could use that to determine if it's a 9 second car or not.

thing is, my spreadsheet is correct to 2 decimal places, not 3. I have to decide on a standard because when someone goes to another strip and brings me 4 decimal places, they will use the additional accuracy to pip your times and you'll complain that you can't confirm who is faster - and so a line is drawn. That line is drawn at 2dp of accuracy which is plenty good enough for me.

Now, returning to your hypothetical, if I am at santa pod and the timing gear is accurate to 3dp, then 9.999 is a run in the 9s.

If it's to 2dp, then it's 10.00 and I'm a gonner.

ok, all done.

Strange that your TV dropped so much. TV is an indicator of power and so I don't see why it is so much lower.

Your 60ft time indicates that your launching technique is greatly improved - which reduces you ET, but I can't understand why you lost so many mph.

ok, all done.

Strange that your TV dropped so much. TV is an indicator of power and so I don't see why it is so much lower.

Your 60ft time indicates that your launching technique is greatly improved - which reduces you ET, but I can't understand why you lost so many mph.
" reasons , more traction and I had to get out of the runs in 4th as the car was out of control.the less wheelspin or clutch slip the lower the trap speed

The car next to me when I let off in 4th at quite high revs ran a 9.7

Can you not just compile another table and add any new times in, I know it sounds simple but its prob loads of work, would be nice to have it back.

My stage 4.25 car managed 10.2second 1/4mile @136mph on a poor surface. No L/C used.
So maths would say your stage 4,25 car is around 690/700 whp or 820 hp ??
Fastest 4,25 car I have seen running with proper timing equipment is 10.8 @ 127mph. Unless you are running nitrous those times are simply an impossibility

So maths would say your stage 4,25 car is around 690/700 whp or 820 hp ??
Fastest 4,25 car I have seen running with proper timing equipment is 10.8 @ 127mph. Unless you are running nitrous those times are simply an impossibility
Agreed!

Was this at crail what was the 60ft time and 1/8 are time is similiar to mine with 1000bhp as 60ft time poor and I'm 144 terminal so that time is amazing
His terminal speed alone precludes the possibility of that being possible with a stage 4.25 car, either the car is not a stage 4.25 or the ticket is incorrect. It is just not possible to run 10mph faster than the average 4.25 car.

341 - 360 of 368 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.