GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Its all irrelevant, what is being proved there?! The video doesn't even show the first corner?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Only just noticed this now guys, the gtir in the video is mine.

The skyline was a brand new black edition.

I was only running 350bhp back then and managed to have a car length on the r35 up untill 120.

Now im running 450bhp i am able to leave the skyline a few car lengths behind.

Will get some new and better videos up soon..

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Only just noticed this now guys, the gtir in the video is mine.

The skyline was a brand new black edition.

I was only running 350bhp back then and managed to have a car length on the r35 up untill 120.

Now im running 450bhp i am able to leave the skyline a few car lenths behind.

Will get some new and better videos up soon..
Who really cares.......:confused:

·
Registered
866 Posts
A friend of mine use to have a modded GTIR circa 350bhp, very fast off the line.

But it's the same old story modded vs standard, any car can be made to go fast if you spend money on it. What's standard 225bhp? even at 350bhp that's a 1.5x increase, 720bhp GTR anyone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
top gear proved the theory they modded a old banged up jag to beat every supercar going - well the answer is simple straight line speed Vs track dynamics - GTR anyone anywhere , anytrack !! take the pulsar around some corners with that power and see what happens

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Those pulsars are lovely little things. To be honest its not even about track dynamics and corners - set yourself a budget of up to £20k and buy a v.clean used scooby/Evo and even with some modest modifications, new turbo/decat/remap/FMIC and a modest amount (in GTR terms) spent on suspension and brakes and you'll have a car that the GTR will not be able to get passed around a track. All for less that half the money of a used GTR, and you'll get 5 people in it, and the shopping. The GTR is all about the event for me, its a proper supercar, looks like one, drives like one, turns peoples heads.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I used to have a modded GTiR and they are absolute weapons. When I part-ex'd it for the (then) standard GTR the dealer commented on how the GTR would probably be slower - not that I noticed any difference myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yep most comments are very true about the modded vs standard car but you guys have to remember its a brand new 50k super car against a 20year old 5k rust box :D

Anyway its all abit of fun!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts