GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow just watched the races between the M8 Competition and the Litchfield Tuned R35 . Demolition was the choice of words I would use. GTR's are work class Arse- kickers!! It's on YouTube if any one wants to watch!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
The botb one? The m8 jumped the gun on the second race and still got spanked....aren’t they also circa £170K once you’ve spec’d them up?😳

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wow just watched the races between the M8 Competition and the Litchfield Tuned R35 . Demolition was the choice of words I would use. GTR's are work class Arse- kickers!! It's on YouTube if any one wants to watch!!
I saw this and wondered what tune the R35 had. The M8 weighs 200kg more than the GTR so a stock car should outrun it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw this and wondered what tune the R35 had. The M8 weighs 200kg more than the GTR so a stock car should outrun it.
Litchfield tuned R35, 0-60 under 3sec. 200mph+ top end. Godzilla in his true identity!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
M8 maybe 200 kgs more but is running a quoted 625PS and dyno's are saying more like 650 which is sadly more than a stock GTR. M8 also has the 8 speed and more modern box and I don't recall seeing a stock GTR beat an M8 yet. Happy to be proved wrong. i would love to see a drag race with the Litchfield GTR in the above car against the 992 turbo S which seems to be the benchmark these days, although at 170k. I don't see a new Nismo living with it.
think M8 will be a good car in 18 monhs time at £80k but not the character of a GTR. I run an F90 M5 as a daily and great car but not a GTR for emotion and theatre.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a couple of runs (not ideal conditions) against an M8 comp and I could barely pull away from it in my MY17 stage 4.25 (679hp) so that R35 has to be a stage 5 surely?.
I think that 8 speed gearbox and the Beemer launch system really helps (My draggy time for one of the above runs was 10.89)

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Stage 4.5 circa 790BHP spanked my F90 M5 circa 790BHP :)

The gearbox in the new M cars are also ZF types. They're old with updated software doing all the trickery. The gearshifts in the GTR are waaay faster.

2 different cars completely. I'd take the M5 any day (y)

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
GT-R's are special cars - not many people walk past the mainstream cars and go "look, there's an 'x'" - but they do for GT-R's and McLaren's and other super cars, and will take pictures, even now they have been around for so long. Not saying other cars aren't good cars, I know many who like the mainstream brands. But......there's a reason why the GT-R's have such an aura about them as they've proved themselves very quick cars that can get round tracks in a way that very few cars can. They are purpose built, from the ground up to be quick. Yes, more modern cars are punching out more hp and posting very quick times in drag races etc that can now beat GT-R's but come on, how many of these can get round the Nurburgring in less that 7 and a half minutes - which the GT-R was doing 12 years ago stock?? Not that many from what I can see. And bear in mind, the Nismo is just over 7 minutes. Re. the thread topic - I haven't seen the M8 competition time around the Nurburgring full track but I'm guessing even with all the options it can have it won't be anywhere near a stock GT-R. And that says it all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The write up i read about the car was it was running around 750hp,but a true indication of what the gtr can still do. As said that would of been good against the new turbo S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts