• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

R35 - What are your average public road temps?? Engine/Coolant/Trans

I got my bro to take the picture whilst on the motorway..curious to see what other people's are as a comparison

Motorway -
Engine - 70-75ish
Coolant -75-80
Trans -75-85

C :flame:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Mine tend to sit around 78 - 82 region as an average for daily drive with mixed bursts of fun lifting it a bit higher.

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
7? / 7? / 7? sounds good to me

·
Registered
683 Posts
I dont get this thread. The temps vary quite a bit

Obviously on a motorway you're going go get lower temps whereas in local roads you'd experience higher temps due to the stop/start nature of traffic

Then there is the influence of outside temp.

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont get this thread. The temps vary quite a bit

Obviously on a motorway you're going go get lower temps whereas in local roads you'd experience higher temps due to the stop/start nature of traffic

Then there is the influence of outside temp.
well tell us your average around town, and on the motorway temperatures...

average in the sense of general day to day driving, not on full boost, which would make it non average.

·
Premium Member
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine tend to sit around 78 - 82 region as an average for daily drive with mixed bursts of fun lifting it a bit higher.
+2 On overall average, mine in similar to this since my service, 3 months ago. :cool:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Mine are similar. If the coolant is at the right level usually around 78 degrees. Pretty cool running these days. I have a Mishimoto race radiator to install; not sure whether it's needed however when I go on the track it could be worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Mine are usually around the 75-79 mark for Gearbox, and 77-83 for Engine and Coolant. That's from mostly outskirts of town driving and a bit of B-road. Seems to be similar to others so far.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
mine have tended to be in the 70-80 range, however coming back from the runways day, steady(ish) driving at 70 I noticed they where in the mid 80's.

During the day the trans temp had peaked at 92 with the engine and coolant hitting high 80's. Will continue to monitor and see if they return to pervious levels. Is it possible that I have "cooked" the oil, would a change bring the temps back down?

·
Registered
44 Posts
In the 70s with low load. When actualy driving each tends to be higher.

Engine oil 75-80
Coolant 75-80
Trans oil 80-85

·
Registered
55 Posts
In the 70s with low load. When actualy driving each tends to be higher.

Engine oil75-80

Coolant75-80

Trans oil80-85

Numbers seem similar to mine, I have a HKS oil cooler so the engine temp doesn’t move much from this either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
TEMPS

My oil temps at first start up are in the mid 20s. But usually are around what other people have put after a little while.
Does anybody have a rough rule of thumb at what oil temps is ok to give it some beans? Mid 60s maybe? I just don't want to start pushing it to early and do any damage, but as soon as I get in and start it up its hard to keep off the loud pedal .:smokin:

·
Registered
61 Posts
My oil temps at first start up are in the mid 20s. But usually are around what other people have put after a little while.
Does anybody have a rough rule of thumb at what oil temps is ok to give it some beans? Mid 60s maybe? I just don't want to start pushing it to early and do any damage, but as soon as I get in and start it up its hard to keep off the loud pedal .:smokin:
I wait until gearbox temps reach low to mid 60's. Some recommend 70 but I can't wait that long

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Best indication may be the factory thermostat. The lower limit often being 60C up to a opening point of around 80C.

There is no simple answer as to a safe operating temperature. This is due to differences in shapes and metals which lead to different thermal expansion rates. For industrial engines this becomes the point at which the temperature change is less than a few degrees under static conditions. This is the only reliable safe point.

I find there is noticeable difference in the clutch bite above 20C. TBH there is ten times the damage at start up due to low oil pressure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts