GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Been searching site for wheel nut torque settings seen 2 figures 147Nm and 132 Nm. Can someone advise what the correct torque setting is please. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
147nm mate....stops the clicking sound appearing if everything is properly greased up.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
147nm mate....stops the clicking sound appearing if everything is properly greased up.
Hi thanks for response much appreciated, not had any issues so far with clicking, put copperslip on hub but never greased wheel nuts. Can you expand on what should be greased.

·
Registered
726 Posts
WARNING if you have spacers fitted the torque is to high. I stretched my rear studs. This maybe down to being aftermarket 15mm longer and having a 10mm spacer fitted.

Big thanks to JM Imports for getting me out of the poo again. Great crew they have and will go that extra mile just to help you out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
WARNING if you have spacers fitted the torque is to high. I stretched my rear studs. This maybe down to being aftermarket 15mm longer and having a 10mm spacer fitted.

Big thanks to JM Imports for getting me out of the poo again. Great crew they have and will go that extra mile just to help you out.
Do you know what the torque settings are for H&R spacers?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
^ would be keen to know this as well....

I had H&R spacers (20mm rear and 15mm front) and never had an issue. just tightened them up by hand to approx. 140nm. never thought about bolt stretching !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its also a good idea to use special paste to reduce friction,that involves more loaded threads as a result : rise of stud strength as stud usually breaks down at the first turn of a loaded thread.
Its easy to find some articles with different tests..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts