GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Pretty impressive from the Mines car considering it started at the back and runs the standard H pattern getrag, Can anyone on here let us non-Japanese speakers know what was being said at the end?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Good video that.. Found myself rooting for the Mines R34GTR - my favourite GTR..! :D

And as nori points out quite rightly, you cannot help but notice how much bigger the R35 is in comparison to the R34..

·
6,821 Posts
So which Mines R34 GTR is it??? . . . they assembled and disassembled the car about 100000 times from the day on it hammered that incredible lap time on fuji or Tsuku . .can`t remeber which track it was.

Also is there finaly a truth behind the legend that the track R34 from Mines used a reprogrammed Attesa computer to control a custome build titan LSD in the rear, which apparently cost 30000$ alone.
Is that a myth? Because if it don`t , the Mines RB26DETT is nothing that special if you put it up against the HKS, Tomei, Jun ex . . . counter parts with V-Cams ex. . . . :confused:

Also did the initial Mines R34 GTR on track not have a closer ratio Getrag?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Taniguchi in the red SunLine knocked out the tracking/alignment settings on the curb. If I remember correctly, they found later that the rear nearside suspension/coil mount had broken. At the end they say quite a lot without saying too much, especially Tsuchiya. Generally that there was not much difference in the 35s, but they all had too much understeer, that they were fun to drive and there is room for a lot more tuning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts