GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the list of 35s driving on circuit at Bruntingthorpe Charity day 2nd August. See the full thread in the Member's events section if you can. Come and spectate and or have a passenger lap for a fiver.

R35
1. paul__k R35
2. sin R35 (
3. Aerodramatics
4. rblvjenkins R35
5. SNEL R35
6. Highlander R35
7. richdevil R35

Who's coming to watch? Or have a passenger lap for a fiver? What about those people still awaiting delivery? You won't get a better GTR "fix" for a fiver.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bruntingthorp Proving Ground 2nd August

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For any non-members who maybe haven't seen the thread - this is a regular annual event in the GTROC calendar organised By ASDA where we get to give passenger rides around the Airfield circuit including most of the 1.7mile runway to paying pasengers!

All proceeds from the £5.00 laps go to charity and the GTROC always makes the most money..

This year for the first time there will be several member's R35's on track along with 32's 33's 34's.

Now what's interesting are the other clubs attending including Dodge Vipers, Lambos, Porsches, Ferraris Lotus etc... and we get to be on circuit with them. Cars set off one at a time but we usually get to reel in a few "supercars" down the very wide runway on each lap it's great sport....

So if you would like to see some GTRs including 35s making every other car there look slow maybe have a ride in a Lambo or a rally car or a go Kart or see just how fast a tuned 32,33,34 is from the pasenger seat entry is £5.00 for spectators and there's loads to do on the day from Air displays, drive a 42 ton truck!, go kart, rally cars, clothing sale and fashion show, food etc... all proceeds going to charity it's a very worthwhile cause.

Then get to Bruntingthorpe on 2nd August... from early on...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hi. I'm coming all the way from Kent :) GTR due end of Sept but I need to see some cars outside of the showroom! I'm sure you'll be able to fleece me for more than a fiver!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey that's great, I'm sure you'll enjoy the day, look out for the GTROC gazebo or find our "pit" area when you arrive and come say hi,

Actually theres no way you'll miss a row of 35s I'm sure...

Malc

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks like I will be there as well and bringing 5 others as well - there will be heavy demand for GTR laps!!

Any chance of a bulk buy of laps?? If not I will end up blowing my Cobb AP and Y pipe monies in a day!!

One questions - is there any age restriction to go on track? I am bringing 2 kids (not mine!) of 10 and 12 and they want to go out in a GTR.

D

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Sign me up with bells and whistles!

I try and make it to Brunters every year so I'll see you all there :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I will be there as well and bringing 5 others as well - there will be heavy demand for GTR laps!!

Any chance of a bulk buy of laps?? If not I will end up blowing my Cobb AP and Y pipe monies in a day!!

One questions - is there any age restriction to go on track? I am bringing 2 kids (not mine!) of 10 and 12 and they want to go out in a GTR.

D
No worries about the children 10 and 12 is fine, in the past I've taken children around in the back with the one paying pasenger, there may have been a rule change since then that might mean they have to have there own laps but if still allowed this year we can do that again. Also maybe there could be a few sighting laps for GTROC members early on in the day.

And don't forget to have a lap in one of the tuned earlier cars, if you haven't been in one previously, you'll be shocked...

Me, I'll be hunting down some 35s lol!

anyone else coming along? this thread has had the slowest response ever so I'm really pleased we have some more interest in this section now.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The Kent GTROC have a meeting on the Saturday followed by an eve BBQ which may affect some of the guys travelling up! I've never been before, what time does it all kick off?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Oooo this sounds good! normally its like £20+ at events for a ride round in cars. The fact its for charity makes it even better!:squintdan

Is it £5 no matter what car you go in....R35, R34, Lambo, Viper??

I know i am up for this and the GF will be as well. I have a R35 on order and not due till early 2010:bawling: so looking to get out and experience them as much as I can. Plus I love the R34 and the GF loves Vipers!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
No worries about the children 10 and 12 is fine, in the past I've taken children around in the back with the one paying pasenger, there may have been a rule change since then that might mean they have to have there own laps but if still allowed this year we can do that again. Also maybe there could be a few sighting laps for GTROC members early on in the day.

And don't forget to have a lap in one of the tuned earlier cars, if you haven't been in one previously, you'll be shocked...

Me, I'll be hunting down some 35s lol!

anyone else coming along? this thread has had the slowest response ever so I'm really pleased we have some more interest in this section now.
Cheers Blue - it was looking like a VERY expensive day if the kids have to be paid for as well!

I'll be there early to assist in "sighting" if there is some extra laps to be had!

Are helmets needed?

D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Oooo this sounds good! normally its like £20+ at events for a ride round in cars. The fact its for charity makes it even better!:squintdan

Is it £5 no matter what car you go in....R35, R34, Lambo, Viper??

I know i am up for this and the GF will be as well. I have a R35 on order and not due till early 2010:bawling: so looking to get out and experience them as much as I can. Plus I love the R34 and the GF loves Vipers!
Shaun

Any car is a fiver for a lap - only lasts about a minute though so bring a wad of cash!

I'm in the same boat as my R35 is due September!

See you there!

D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Shaun

Any car is a fiver for a lap - only lasts about a minute though so bring a wad of cash!

I'm in the same boat as my R35 is due September!

See you there!

D
Oh, ok. I guess if it's one lap then can't really charge more. I been to a charity day like this in the past and it was at the Ford test ring in Essex - they charged £25 for 4 laps - which was fun. So I guess this is cheapper - £20 for 4 laps! Still I think my GF will be holding the cash on the day:chairshot

See you there mate!

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Bear in mind that this is not a public event, it is for Asda employees. So saying I have the entrance forms for public entrance if you need one.
PM me your email address.
Children are ok as long as the seat belt fits them securely and wil not strangle them!!!
I will be bringing a booster sear and other cars should have a minimum of a cushion full smaller passengers.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Bear in mind that this is not a public event, it is for Asda employees. So saying I have the entrance forms for public entrance if you need one.
Children are ok as long as the seat belt fits them securely and wil not strangle them!!!
I will be bringing a booster sear and other cars should have a minimum of a cushion full smaller passengers.
Oh right!

So as a forum user (for now);) can I still come and bring my girlfriend?

When I get the R35 i will sign up fully so i can send in the VIN number etc.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Dave

I have 2 entrance forms courtesy of Meganesport.net.

I would have driven my R26 on the day, but Renault's not invited on track this year :-(

D

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Dave

I have 2 entrance forms courtesy of Meganesport.net.

I would have driven my R26 on the day, but Renault's not invited on track this year :-(

D
I'd have paid at least £7.50 for a ride in your Scenic;)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'd have paid at least £7.50 for a ride in your Scenic;)
:runaway:

I can pop over your way and give you the ride of your life - £25 for charity??

I got told off by the Caterham/Westfield boys on the last track day for daring to overtake them!! She's not slow - 275bhp and 320lb/ft torque but a fair bit lighter than the GTR and surprises many that smirk at the thought of a Renault being a great track toy. The LSD allows all the grunt to go down and through the twisties as well!!

Ed - are you taking yours to Brunters?? If i fancy a nap, i know which car to choose!! :chuckle:

D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.