GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the most serious thread.

But to note some of the trivial peculiarities of the R35 (not the noises it makes, the W word, etc).

1) Why is it you press down on the steering wheel control to skip up to the next track?

2) You cancel a route, switch the car off and on again, and the sat nav starts giving you directions again?

3) The heated seat switches are pretty hard to find (i can see the some eye rolling over this one! lol)

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
4) why is the tilt alarm cancel switch in the roof

5) why does it not reverse up hill

6) why is there so little space inside

:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not the most serious thread.

But to note some of the trivial peculiarities of the R35 (not the noises it makes, the W word, etc).

1) Why is it you press down on the steering wheel control to skip up to the next track?

2) You cancel a route, switch the car off and on again, and the sat nav starts giving you directions again?

3) The heated seat switches are pretty hard to find (i can see the some eye rolling over this one! lol)
I'm glad someone else mentioned #3 first! Yesterday was the first baltic early morning start and as I'm 6ft 4 with long arms it's difficult to get my hand back to the switch on the move. Then I couldn't remember which way to toggle the switch to turn it off and looking back down behind you whilst moving at 50mph in a queue to see if the yellow light is on is even more distracting than the screen!

With all that touch screen trickery you'd have thought they would have dispensed with the switch like on my mate's A5.

But you're right even typing this has over-egged the point!

·
Registered
376 Posts
1) I wish it would remember the fact I drive in 'comfort' mode most of the time.

2) I wasn't aware it had heated seats!

3) When you give the indicator stalk a nudge to change lanes it doesn't give the 3 flashes, you have to hold it.

pretty minor stuff though! :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
1) I wish it would remember the fact I drive in 'comfort' mode most of the time.

3) When you give the indicator stalk a nudge to change lanes it doesn't give the 3 flashes, you have to hold it.

Should be 8, 9 and 10 surely :p

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Good ones :D (well two of them ;))

1) Yeh i wish it would remember the settings too!

2) lol

3) The indicator stalk should have the 3 repeater function, and it doesn't cancel coming off some ron

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think you'll find that the annoying beep when you select reverse is so that you know that the parking sensor is working, otherwise you might assume that it is and reverse into something. Of course, if you haven't got a parking sensor the beep would be pointless.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you'll find that the annoying beep when you select reverse is so that you know that the parking sensor is working, otherwise you might assume that it is and reverse into something. Of course, if you haven't got a parking sensor the beep would be pointless.
:chuckle:

·
Registered
968 Posts
1) Annoying I'm to sily to find the comfort settings screen!!! Or to lazy to read the manual maybe. Erm, thats maybe more about me than about the car

·
Registered
640 Posts
1500 miles, and I still haven't opened the manual. I'm going for a record.

And yes that reversing beep when you put it in reverse is very annoying and LOUD, I forgot to ask if it can be turned off at the service, so it only comes on when you get near something like the porsche system, is it possible?!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Am I right in saying that the windscreen wiper stalk is marked like it has various intermittent settings, yet you can't actually twist it? I know that it has an automatic mode, but that doesn't always work perfectly.

I'm not moaning. Just checking. :nervous:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Am I right in saying that the windscreen wiper stalk is marked like it has various intermittent settings, yet you can't actually twist it? I know that it has an automatic mode, but that doesn't always work perfectly.

I'm not moaning. Just checking. :nervous:
I have it on auto all the time (unlike my BMW in which i have to press auto everytime i start the car - so that's one good thing :clap: Well done Nissan :)).

You need to turn twisty thing is to set the sensitivity of the auto wiper i have it on most sensitive. (again on the BMW you have to twist it back and forth to reset the sensitivity to most sensitive - bizarre). This is also the speed of the intermittent wiper when you push it down 1 position :)

Where is the rear wiper? :chuckle:

·
Registered
535 Posts
The heated seat switches are different ......or one is broke :confused:

1 - 20 of 159 Posts