GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as a general question about how many professional race drivers/bike riders do we have in the club - a friend asked - I'm aware of Nicolas Kiesa (F1) but have we had many others?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
currenty or retired?
define professional - full time job or in a compeititive and money earning capacity?

If you include the retired and the broader term "professional" i can think of many

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
currenty or retired?
define professional - full time job or in a compeititive and money earning capacity?

If you include the retired and the broader term "professional" i can think of many
Anybody of interest at all really John.

I had mentioned to them that we had a F1/DTM driver as a member and they basically said "Bullsh*t" but I pointed out Nicolas and then they asked if we had others of interest e.g. current or past members, current pro drivers or retired etc. Someone told me Russ Swift was a GTR owner once too although would have no idea if he was ever a club member?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Going by watching the GTR track sessions at shows, my guess is not many :D :p

:flame:
Probably right Steve, but at least they move:runaway: :runaway: :p

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Russ Swift owns a Bayside Blue R34 but is not a GTROC member (yet).
We have at least one pro bike racer here as well (retired) plus the likes of Nagatak and Mr Ito, who are both members, not to mention the man who actually designed the R34. But if it's actual race drivers you want then Kiesa is the top one.

·
Registered
732 Posts
i don't know if i count as i've only been racing 2 years and i'm only a forum member and not a full gtroc member yet,i driver in a1 gp as a rookie driver...

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
I'm an ex Formula Renault driver, I raced in France for the Winfield (Paul Ricard) race team in `97, had a test with a French F3 Team but couldn't afford the £38,000 "drive" and had little sponsorship :chairshot

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Andy middlehurst owned a few GTR's (but a very much doubt he's a member) And he won "one or two :)" races in a GTR?

Thats not much help really is it!!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Andy middlehurst owned a few GTR's (but a very much doubt he's a member) And he won "one or two :)" races in a GTR?

Thats not much help really is it!!
Yeah he raced for Graham Goode, where we get out Scooby bits from. (That was before he was racing Skylines i believe though)

·
Registered
594 Posts
One of them owns a Stagea!!
I did try contacting Win Percy, but no reply yet.
I know Win Percy, he lives not far from me & comes in my pub quite often for meal/drink etc, although I wasn't aware he had a Stagea

1 - 16 of 16 Posts